Thread: New challenge's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have switched to the Calloway yellow/black soccer ball pattern because I see that ball better in the air and on the fairways/greens-at least when I hit them. There are a ton of colors and patterns out there. I wonder if any of those would be more visible to you?

2. Member
    Actually before this challenge hit me I walked the woods for golf balls....now now...and have tried all the colors....been kind of fun. For some reason the real bright orange isn't too bad but right now I can hardly see to type let alone hit the ol ball. Hoping by this weekend I may get to out for a few....exhausting. Lot's of doc visits in the future...will see what they hold.
    Thanks

3. Member
    Great to know you have Tried new items to test your capacities. The black part of the yellow seemed to focus my vision better on the yellow/black soccer ball pattern. I believe!

you will need more rest to let your body recuperate. The body knows where to redirect it’s energy to revive and refresh. Take your time and love each minute.

4. Member
    Thanks....your right....cannot believe how much rest I need. I get tired making lunch!! Vision seems to be coming back real slowly....so fingers crossed..
    Hit them well.....

5. Member
    Sounds like you have it figured out. It took me a while and after a near fatal snow ski accident I tried to go back to work earlier than I should and realized my brain was not working as my body was sending all its energy elsewhere to repair the trauma damage. I went home and rested like I should, ate healthy and exercised routinely but only lightly. Walking down the block and back. Then walking around the block, then walking around the neighborhood! Yeah!!!! It was a big deal for me to know I was getting stronger and healing. You will get there too and eyesight sounds like it is making progress. Keep it up.

Beautiful days this week we’re spent in a tree stand watching all of nature except deer. Finally the third hunt 3 does spent 25 minutes with me. Then after shooting time I stood up and stretched only to catch a glimpse of a dark heavy bodied deer way out on the edge bolt and disappear. These were my first attempts at bow hunting with a crossbow. I should just leave it at home and take a camera.

Got out to fish for 3 hours in my new last year boat on a rare day with no wind and 70 degrees. Probably should have golfed instead but wanted to feel the boat one more time since this summer was a bust due to flooding all lakes around here. Got it up to 64 mph which is my fastest loaded. I need to get it checked as my rpms are nowhere near where they should be. My friend caught one 3 pounder and that was it. But a beautiful day in the woods and on the water.
    spent all day yesterday in the truck with a hunting/fishing buddy driving around Kansas looking at the walk in hunting areas to plan our hunt for upcoming season. In 2 years of deer hunting I have never pulled the trigger yet. But I enjoy being outdoors with my friends.
    I think I am loving retirement.
    take care.

6. Member
    Sounds like your living the dream....awesome.
    I bought a 1880 Vexus this last fall....got to use two months and the cancer hit....so....not much using now and may end up selling here pretty quick after a hopefully do a couple bucket trips...will see. Next couple months of treatments will be an adventure....but...good thing is doc says will extent life a year or more. Will see how long the good Lord wants me on his entertainment committee!!
    Tight Lines

7. Member
    How do you like your Vexus? They sure look pretty.
    Glad you have a couple of bucket trips planned.
    Timelines are meant to be broken. I have several friends with advanced C who are way past their early timelines given by doctors.
    You are correct, it is all in His hands in the end.
    But He has given you your body, good doctors and your will.
    You can make your choices.
    Having a bunch of Bucket list items to work on will certainly help.I think that is a great idea.
    And maybe some rounds of golf in there too somewhere warm this winter.

8. Member
    Thank you much.....waiting for the vision to hopefully clear up and get done with the chemo and radiation. Head has quit hurting for the most part with just occasional bouts of talking to me. Hoping to wet a line in a few days...and I loved my Vexus for the three months I used it.....Loved. Now it's a matter of am I going to keep....will know in a couple months if I will be able to even drive.
    This major down time has lots of thoughts going through head.....lot's.
    Last edited by Always want to be Fishing; 11-27-2019 at 08:46 AM.

9. Member
    Glad to hear you will get out and do a little fishing.
    Outdoors will do you good.
    Keep up with your food intake to maintain weight to give your body the nutrition it needs to fuel the recovery.
    My wife made sure to feed her Dad all his favorites during his treatment.
    he never lost a pound and the doctor was amazed. He thought that was a major contributor to his recovery.

Lots of thoughts are good. Focus on the positive ones. The others are a distraction and can be dealt with in due time.
    If there are those that concern you persistently then act on them to the extent you can and remove them from the worry list.

Hopefully I will get a ride in a Vexus someday. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

10. Member
    Food so far is not a problem....if it doesn't move I eat it....and I can see and with some help can cook too. Fishing was amazing yesterday....we probably got over forty whites, large mouth and cat's. Weather was good too....was blessed. And it only took me bout five minutes to tie on a hook!!!

11. Member
    Nice day on the water! Glad you got out and enjoyed the outdoors.
    Been a while since I caught a mess like that.
    5 minutes is good for me, with cheaters for Trout flies.

12. Member
    Fished again yesterday....that is three partial days this week....I am wore out this morning....wore out. Doc's start the games this week with the Chemo and Radiation so glad I got in some time. Caught a LOT of white bass.....was fun...snowy....windy...and cold yesterday and no one on the lake.....awesome.
    Thank you again for well wishes..

13. Member
    Wow! Good for you! It has been a long time since I fished in the snow. A very long time.
    i would be wore out with three days of fishing too.
    And it had to be a good feeling that you were fishing outdoors and had the lake to yourself because the others weren’t up to the challenge.
    I can see your earned your moniker!

Gordon MacQuarrie used to write of a “good tired that comes from being outdoors”.
    Enjoy your tired, but rest up now and get ready for your new challenge this week.
    You will do well.

Macquarries trilogy of Stories of the old Duck Hunters is a great collection of outdoor stories of fishing and hunting by a son-in-law who learns all of his lessons from his rough and tough father-in-law up in Wisconsin back in the 40’s and 50’s. Great short reads.
    Short stories and magazine articles were all I could read when on the mend-but they were entertaining or educational. I just couldn’t stare at the tube all day.

I am headed to Kansas for my third season of Deer hunting without pulling a trigger yet. I enjoy just being there and walking the woods and hills. Had a run for my life when my partner ran some cows off and the Bull came running at me with evil intent. I ran as fast as I have run in 30 years to get to the far side of a tree pile. He stopped and decided to go for his girls rather than me thank goodness. I do enjoy being with my friends fishing and hunting. Those friends are the “doers” and I am glad to be one of them. I am glad you are one of them too!
    Have a good week.
    Tom Black

14. Member
    Wow....stay away from the cows and have a great trip....
    one day at a time.....one day
    The good Lord says....Don't worry bout tomorrow as today has enough troubles of it's own....
    :)

15. Member
    Well ... the blind man got a birdie yesterday. Still a struggle to see the ball...comes in and out of focus...but was an enjoyable day outside. Only did nine holes but that kicked my butt. I'm sure going into this chemo/rad thing it may get tougher....we will see. Son coming over and doing a little fishing today...like doc says...do your plans now!
    Enjoy your Sunday all.

16. Member
    Good for you! Sounds like you are getting the most you can in your days. That is great. Anytime with your son will be a good time.

You beat me. I had several chances at birdies but couldn’t make a putt. Wife wanted to quit at 9 as it was cold and windy. I had enough of it as well.
    coming off of a 3 1/2 day deer hunt in Kansas. I was beat. 9 miles of walking First day, up at 4:30 am, hunt all day, back at it again the next day. It takes me longer to recoup from a multi day effort than it used to take. 4 hunters, 2 bucks an 11 point and 10 point. I didn’t get a shot, but saw several Bald eagles, one Golden Eagle, ducks, geese, coyotes, quail, red tail hawks, falcons, heard turkeys yelping, saw some beautiful scenery in the flint hills.

Every day outdoors is a treat for me. After 38 years working in an office.

Good luck this week!

17. Member
    Was a good weekend....golfed nine in the beautiful weather...even got a blind mans birdie....other eight holes were not quit as exciting!! Fished for a few hours on Sunday with son and a friend and it too was awesome....lots of white's. Now starting a full week of chemo/rad...could be interesting.
    Swing well .... catch big you all

18. Member
    Good luck with treatment this week.
    I am sure you will do well, just like fishing in the snow.
    You are a tough man!

Back chasing deer this week.
    they have turned into ghosts-only come out at night.
    Week two of rifle season is something I have not experienced.
    I am enjoying being outdoors.

I will be thinking and praying for you.

19. Member
    Thanks....good luck with chasing the ghosts....something so healing about being outdoors feeling the weather verses looking out a window wishing for something else. Love it all....but the cloudy days keep others home.....whoop....whoop.

20. Member
    Got up at 3:14 am jumping out of bed as light in motel window looked like sunlight and I missed alarm. Made coffee and got ready. Hit two places, one a 2 mile walk and the next an 8 mile walk starting at 10 and back to the truck at 5:30.
    Ate lunch in the field, took my boots off to give my feet a break, sunshine hit me and out for an hour nap in the field. I haven’t done that since duck hunting all day as a teenager. It felt great to spend the whole day in the field. Whoop whoop whoop is right!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast