Ultrex Bearing Sleeve

I have had my Ultrex for two seasons. It has been aces till this past weekend. Everything is working flawlessly but as the motor rotates it makes a noise like there is sand in the bearing. It came on instantly like someone duped dirt in there
    Has anyone had an issue like this? Does it need to be cleaned out? I thought it was a sealed bearing.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    Ultrex has no bearings except in the motor on the armature. The steering module is a sealed unit and if it is making noise the you should take it to the ASC for them to replace it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Ultrex has no bearings except in the motor on the armature. The steering module is a sealed unit and if it is making noise the you should take it to the ASC for them to replace it.
    This is correct
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Had a brand new Ultrex go bad within 5 minutes of use. This is 4th Minn Kota brand motor and ALL have had problems. 2 Ultrex, 1 Ulterra and 1 Fortex. Returned newest to retailer and will now wait for Ghost to come out! No more Minn Kota!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXsteve362 View Post
    Had a brand new Ultrex go bad within 5 minutes of use. This is 4th Minn Kota brand motor and ALL have had problems. 2 Ultrex, 1 Ulterra and 1 Fortex. Returned newest to retailer and will now wait for Ghost to come out! No more Minn Kota!!
    Would you care to enlighten us about your Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Would you care to enlighten us about your Issues?
    Me too?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    I use silicone spray where motor rotates on shaft anything that rotates as much as ultrex with spot lock needs sum kinda of lubrication I would think and it seems to help