Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I run the dual spectrum on my G2 Helix and it works very well with the new update.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sthomasIV View Post
    thanks. Wish i had a switch to turn off the in hull when going slow scanning or fishing since it appears the images are better with 2d coming from the si transducer
    That would only work with Gen 3 units since the 2D sonar on the Gen 2 SI xdcr is dual beam, non-Low Q, non-HW.

I have mine setup so the Y cable is easily reached on the underside corner of the console. I can unplug the HW xdcr and plug in the old xdcr cable that was there before I added the new XP 9 HW xdcr. I can also leave the Y cable "unplugged" so it reads of the SI xdcr under the jackplate.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    That would only work with Gen 3 units since the 2D sonar on the Gen 2 SI xdcr is dual beam, non-Low Q, non-HW.

I have mine setup so the Y cable is easily reached on the underside corner of the console. I can unplug the HW xdcr and plug in the old xdcr cable that was there before I added the new XP 9 HW xdcr. I can also leave the Y cable "unplugged" so it reads of the SI xdcr under the jackplate.
    Good idea for a Ranger boat. Phoenix has enclosed console so that wont work too good for me.

If you leave it unplugged, I’d assume it would get no sonar at all - unless you mean unplug it from the back of the unit and plug the MSI cable in to the unit?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    If you leave it unplugged, I’d assume it would get no sonar at all - unless you mean unplug it from the back of the unit and plug the MSI cable in to the unit?
    I mean unplugging the sonar connection from the Y but leaving the SI connection on the Y. Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing? Reading 2D sonar from off the SI xdcr?

I mean unplugging the sonar connection from the Y but leaving the SI connection on the Y. Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing? Reading 2D sonar from off the SI xdcr?
    No, the Y cable does not have a 2D piezo connection on the SI side.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    The Y cable disables the si transducer 2d communication with the head as soon as you connect it. The 2d pin in si side of the cable is removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12