echomap 73CV - CV22HW TM High or Low Q

Trying to find some info on the this unit. Humminbird has their new G3/G3N units which claim true low-q "dual spectrum" transducers. How does this compare to the CV22HW TM transducer and Echomap 73cv? I have a feeling these lower dollar Garmin chirp units are 'cheap chirp' with high-q ducers. What about the CV23HW TM? Any info?

2. Member
    You "feeling" is misplaced. They are both real chirp. "Q" on GT22 is 2.17. "Q" on GT23 is 1.50
    The method of calculation used was: Divide the midpoint of the frequency range by the frequency range.
    The reliability of that formula depends on an accurate representation by the mfg of the peak performance frequency range.
    To confirm that data requires viewing a graphs of the actual testing such as FOM vs Freq and Freq vs TVR to determine the peak performance frequencies.
    I don't have access to all brands or all transducers info, but I would say you can be confident of the representations from Garmin and Airmar.
    For the others you need to know how they define and calculate "low Q". Might be off quiet a bit by using acceptable performance of the frequency range instead of peak performance The math on that generally produces a lower number for "Q". It's not Garmin you should be concerned about on this.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

In a Humminbird the dual spectrum is a big improvement.

Dual spectrum is 2d only.

So I would think it would be better in a Garmin. Garmin's 2d is already very good