Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crappie stacked on brush

Here is a screenshot from today of some crappie stacked on some brush. Caught some nice ones up to 1-1/2lbs. Loving the SI on my Birds even more after the latest uupdate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Very nice!

3. Member
    Well did you catch any?
    Nice scan....
    04 Dargel Skout 115 Rude HB 1199ci si hd / AS RC1 / Garmin 106sv / lvs32

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    Well did you catch any?
    Nice scan....
    We caught about 30 in 4 hours up to 1-1/2 lbs.

Very nice screenshot! Thanks for sending.

6. Member
    Im new to si. But i have been watching the pics everybody has posted and have learned alot, I think. Those dark spots behind the brush are the shadows cast by the crappie ? And guessing those fish are the ones closet to the bottom ? Trying to learn as much as possible cause, i also am a crappie fisherman, and fixin to buy a si unit. For newbies like me, this site is a enormous help in learning how to enterpret what that screen is showing ! Thanks everybody for the posts !

7. Member
    After further review, its the bigger fish making the shadows. The brushpile in the middle , on the left , has the bigger fish scattered from top to bottom. The brushpile on the right only has a few big fish at the top of pile or above it ?

8. Member
    Really a nice clear image. Always good to see them attending school...LOL Those water temps are higher than some of the lakes here...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    We caught about 30 in 4 hours up to 1-1/2 lbs.
    Very Nice......

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsn4785 View Post
    Im new to si. But i have been watching the pics everybody has posted and have learned alot, I think. Those dark spots behind the brush are the shadows cast by the crappie ? And guessing those fish are the ones closet to the bottom ? Trying to learn as much as possible cause, i also am a crappie fisherman, and fixin to buy a si unit. For newbies like me, this site is a enormous help in learning how to enterpret what that screen is showing ! Thanks everybody for the posts !
    Yes the dark spots are the shadows from the bright spots which are the fish that are blocking the sonar.....
    Crappie is what I chase also....

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s a great image!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Member
    Looks like the key to getting awesome images/screenshots is getting the fish and structure to show in the water colum .What pallet would that be on a g3n si ? I usually use the blue one because I can see fish out of the water colum on bottom better but I see a lot of people using the one you use.
    Last edited by rickcat; 10-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcat View Post
    Looks like the key to getting awesome images/screenshots is getting the fish and structure to show in the water colum .What pallet would that be on a g3n si ? I usually use the blue one because I can see fish out of the water colum on bottom better but I see a lot of people using the one you use.
    If the brush/fish are not in the water column.... just look at the shadow the brush makes and a lot of times you will also see fish shadows around it if they are there.

FB_IMG_1533735786814.jpg
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

14. Member
    Great shots , any gps coordinates to go with them ??? Lol

If you use a lower Sensitivity setting so the bottom is darker, you can see the lighter images of fish when they are over the bottom. This is a school of bass that were moving when first recorded, then they moved below the boat.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Wayne, is that a little ball of bait on the lower right. Looks like dots are suspended and then the shadows show up on the bottom. IF that is true can you estimate where the fish are from that (how far to the side vs their depth). My mental image is that there should be a straight line from the center, through the bait to the shadows and that the fish have to be on that line. The depth they show up at is the distance from the transducer so if you have a calculator you should be able to roughly tell how far to the side and their actual depth.

The above would only pertain when the shadows are far away as in your picture (if I am reading correctly).

17. Member
    I'm nowhere near as good as Wayne is at this but I'll take a stab at an answer, lol.
    His screenshot shows that he is in about 30 fow. Looking at the fish in the water column in the bottom right they appear to be about midway in the water column.
    My guess is that they are about 15 to 20 feet deep right under the right side of the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I'm nowhere near as good as Wayne is at this but I'll take a stab at an answer, lol.
    His screenshot shows that he is in about 30 fow. Looking at the fish in the water column in the bottom right they appear to be about midway in the water column.
    My guess is that they are about 15 to 20 feet deep right under the right side of the boat.

I agree
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    WOW, I feel like I'm back at school and got a good job remark on my paper from my teacher, lol
    Thanks Wayne!!!

The size of the shadows is in relation to the distance from the bottom and the distance from the fish to the transducer.
    School of bass:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast