Atlas jack plate breaking magnet sensor bracket

I have an 8" Atlas jack plate and have broken two of the 'L' shaped magnet sensor brackets. The tip of the bracket touches the flat sending unit, binds, and snaps. Has anyone else had this issue? Atlas has replaced one and I bought one. I don't want to keep buying these at nearly $25 a pop.

2. Member
    yes I had the same issue. used a heat gun and took a little bend out of bracket so it doesn't hit the sender.
    2016 Nitro Z18 175 ProXS Atlas 8" 24 Fury

I had that problem also. I removed the part with the L bend and sanded the back of it where it sits on the plate. I have a bench belt sander and that did the job of removing a tiny bit of the back surface so there was no binding.

4. Member
    Mine did that also. I sanded mine as well and that solved it.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

5. Member
    Thank you. Sanding the back would be an easy fix. I have a new bracket and will work on it before I install it.

6. Member
    Mine does but hasn’t broke yet but it doesn’t read worth a crap on the gauge.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

7. Member
    TH is sending me a new bracket. I sanded the back of the spare I had last night to give it some additional clearance. One thing I noticed is the bracket has plenty of clearance when the jack plate is raised, but begings to touch and bind half way down. I don't understand why things arent perfectly parallell.