Thread: 303 Protectant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    : Hello,
    Thank you for posting your question about our product. 303® Products indeed went through a label update recently. However, the formula, features and benefits all remain the same. One of the reasons for the price difference is because now we manufacture 303® Products inhouse (in our Chicago factory), and no longer use a third party. Hope this helps to clarify your concerns. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at marketing@goldeagle.com. Thanks again!

From Amazon per Gold Eagle which is the parent company.
    hello,is BTS a 303 product ???

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    i have always heard BTS was 303 (bow to stern) i know it sure works good
    Not even close to the same thing.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Will 303 clean up seats that have gotten dirty, or is it just to protect?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

True story... A friend of mine bought a Skeeter from an old boy that treated like he stole it from his ex-wife. In the few years the guy had the boat, it had never seen so much as a tarp to cover it up. It was a dull, faded red, sad looking boat when he bought it. Upholstery was shot so my friend had new carpet and seat covers installed.

On the fiberglass he did a technique that used to be on the 303 website. I don't think they show this anymore. He restored that dulled out gelcoat by soaking it with 303 and covering it with a towel soaked in 303 for some period of time I don't remember...and then going over it with a lambswool buffer. He went over that boat twice doing this and I'm here to tell that it looked like it just rolled out of the showroom when he was finished. That was the boat I did what little tournament fishing I did out of.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    I believe it is only to protect. I use a degreaser and toothbrush to clean the seats, then rinse as much of the degreaser off as possible before applying 303.

6. Member
    i do the same as above. Degreaser and a towel to clean then 303 to protect. I used 303 when i started detailing cars before i could drive and still use it today. Once you 303 your seats, let it sit for awhile then wipe off with an old shirt to knock down the slipperyness. I had a work truck with vinyl floor in it amd made the mistake of using it on the floor. You shoulda saw people sliding when they went to get in my truck
    They aint got hands, set the hook

7. Member
    Only protection. The first step should be a thorough cleaning with an all-purpose cleaner. I like to apply 303 with a microfiber applicator. Great product for the vinyl in your boat and in your car's interior.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

Gold Eagle is the parent company for 303 and they offer cleaning products.

https://www.goldeagle.com/shop/categ...tions=cleaning
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    True story... A friend of mine bought a Skeeter from an old boy that treated like he stole it from his ex-wife. In the few years the guy had the boat, it had never seen so much as a tarp to cover it up. It was a dull, faded red, sad looking boat when he bought it. Upholstery was shot so my friend had new carpet and seat covers installed.

On the fiberglass he did a technique that used to be on the 303 website. I don't think they show this anymore. He restored that dulled out gelcoat by soaking it with 303 and covering it with a towel soaked in 303 for some period of time I don't remember...and then going over it with a lambswool buffer. He went over that boat twice doing this and I'm here to tell that it looked like it just rolled out of the showroom when he was finished. That was the boat I did what little tournament fishing I did out of.
    I did the same thing with an old procraft with faded clearcoat - discovered this more or less by accident but it came out looking incredible. Not sure it would be good to do IF you plan to put on a new clear coat however. 303 is amazing stuff I've used it for detailing for 20 years.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12