Thread: Z21 / Verado

Z21 / Verado

Looking at selling my Ranger. I either want to drop to a 20 class or get something with a 4 stroke.
    Seen a 2017 Nitro Z21 w/250 Verado. Anyone know real world numbers on performance, light and loaded.
    Thanks
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

What you wanting to spend? If you can wait for a 2019 with the new 4 stroke. Heard they are decent performers, but the weight can cause some porpoising issues, especially on the z20. This is all 2nd hand info though, hopefully someone with real experience will be along shortly.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Heard they are decent performers, but the weight can cause some porpoising issues, especially on the z20.
    I have not dealt with porpoising at WOT, but I could use just a "little" more lift, IMO... I suppose I could get that with a different prop (I have a 23P Fury) or one that is worked.

OOOpps, I just noticed the "Verado"... I am dealing with a ProXS 4S, different animals....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

4. Member
    There is a 2018 Z21 with the 250 Vrod on Pro's Choice website.
    I know Blake (Pro's Choice sales guy) ran this setup for a season so he would have all the info you would need....call and see what he says.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    There is a 2018 Z21 with the 250 Vrod on Pro's Choice website.
    I know Blake (Pro's Choice sales guy) ran this setup for a season so he would have all the info you would need....call and see what he says.
    Thats actually the one I was looking at. Only thing is, I won't trade mine in, and the guy looking at buying it won't have the ability to come get anytime soon.
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

6. Member
    Have a 2018 z21 w Verado 300. Love it. Big motor little heavier than new 4 stroke but get the steering by default and more quiet. I changed to lithium’s so not a true fair comparison but I can easily hit 75 w 2 ppl normal load. 78 solo light load was best I ever got. I assume you should get 71-73 w a z21 250 I know a few bbc members here have z21/z20 w verado try a search. I researched here n bought mine after doing so. No regrets.:: out the hole in a snap (300 weigh sane 250)... I have a manual jack plate. Never messed w it
    Last edited by BigBadBass; 10-10-2019 at 02:39 AM.

7. Member
    I have the z21 with 250 verado and sent my prop to Mark to work and it comes out of the hole great and with me and a partner and full tournament load and livewells full I run 74mph all day long. Light I have seen 78 a few times but 76.5 to 77.5 is normal by myself and a half tank of fuel. I am running a 27 tempest plus that mark B&B and took down to about a 26.5 pitch. I am running a hydrological plate as well. I have several friends with the same boat that run 72ish most of the time but stock prop and standard Jack plate. They also keep most of there heavy tackle up front where mine is in the rear and balanced correctly. I tried several other props and the tempest plus was the best for me, the boat needs lift and this prop does that well.

8. Member
    Ohh plus it is crazy quiet and the steering is my favorite part!

9. Member
    Very impressive with just a 250. Must be prop and the hydro jack must help fine tune it. I know I prolly can squeeze out extra 1-2 mph if I could lift/trim little more. Just running stock fury 24p 3 blade