Question Smith Mountain Lake..VACA rental help

hey Guys, im heading up to SML, 10/22-10/27, for the VA BASS FED NATION State tourney...
    we would like to turn it into a Mini Vaca and rent a house...
    Tourney is out of Parkway Marina...
    i dont mind commuting around the lake for the 2 days of the tourney, if needed, but for you locals, what Area of the lake would you recommend me to look at for Renting a Home...or does it matter?

Any suggestions/ ideas are welcome...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

2. Member
    I always stay at Smith Mountain Dock and lodge. We keep the boats in the water right in front of the room in a no wake zone. Back your trailer right next to the room. It’s straight across from parkway, you can see parkway. Easy to fish either river from there. Carl’s has good burgers and food only 5 minutes by truck . It’s older but clean and great for fishing. It’s either 100$ or 75$ per night I forget when rates change.

3. Member
    I' used to live in Lynchburg Va and have been renting a house at SML every Thanksgiving to get the family together. I've been using VBRO for the last 5 years and have had great luck. Maybe just happenstance but most of the houses we've rented were in the Parkway marina area. Since you're looking to make it a mini vacation, the closer you can get to Hails Ford bridge the better for convenience to shopping (food & groceries). Also, if taking kids, Bridge Water plaza has boat parking and a game room, putt putt, feeding carp, restaurants, ice cream shop, etc. that the kids enjoy. There's also a bar there that has live music at least in the summer and is pretty decent. This time of year try Gills, Indian, Betty's and Beckies creek. Right there at Parkway isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by 191 champ View Post
    I' used to live in Lynchburg Va and have been renting a house at SML every Thanksgiving to get the family together. I've been using VBRO for the last 5 years and have had great luck. Maybe just happenstance but most of the houses we've rented were in the Parkway marina area. Since you're looking to make it a mini vacation, the closer you can get to Hails Ford bridge the better for convenience to shopping (food & groceries). Also, if taking kids, Bridge Water plaza has boat parking and a game room, putt putt, feeding carp, restaurants, ice cream shop, etc. that the kids enjoy. There's also a bar there that has live music at least in the summer and is pretty decent. This time of year try Gills, Indian, Betty's and Beckies creek. Right there at Parkway isn't bad either.

awesome info!
    thank you guys!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8