Thread: Where to go

Where to go

I have some time to burn at work over the next few weeks and will most likely be out fishing.

What are some lakes I should put on my list?

I live in the Rochester area, so open to any of the fingerlakes, maybe even make the trek to Chaumont/Henderson if they're any good this time of year.

This is my first year owning a boat, so I have never really ventured out for fall fishing much past September.

Thanks!
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

2. Member
    I was on Cayuga sat. First time skunked all year. We fished from four feet to ten and no bass. Had a couple pickerel on that came unbuttoned at the boat, and I saw a Largemouth swipe at my spinnerbait. We used cranks, traps, spinnerbaits, and Ned, drop shots, and senkos on the north east side. Water temp was down to 60 from 67-69 a week ago. I figured they'd move shallow, but I talked to a guy headed out at the ramp that he thought they were deeper. At any rate, the grass is really bad at every place I've been to this year. Milfoil is almost non existent, and deep weeds have been scarce.

3. Member
    Also interested in this. I have the week of the 21st off. Also considering St Clair. The whole southern shore of Erie. Chautauqua maybe.

4. Member
    Well for anyone interested, fishing on Lake Ontario has been pretty good. Found fish in 10-15 fow. Was out today for 6 hours, and me and a buddy got a dozen or so fish, with a few going 4.5lbs. Buddy broke one off at the boat that was pushing 5. We went out of Irondequoit, hedges was too murky so we ended up going further east.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries