Terrova Question

Has anyone else out there messed me p and bought a Terrova for your bass boat like me. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great trolling motor but not user friendly for a bass boat in my opinion for the fact you can’t run your transducer wire up the shaft like normal. Had anyone come up with an idea besides the the bracket to hold the wires off it the shaft? Might be a crazy idea but has anyone thought about finding a mount for an ultrex or fortrex and swapping the mounts? I know you would have to move the steering box as well but I don’t see how that would be too hard?

2. Member
    Remove the head unit, disconnect the wires run the transducer cable thru grove in the shaft, down the coil of wires. It's a decent trolling more the only dislike for me is you have to use foot or hand to deploy or retract TM.

3. Member
    Epoxy the cable in the shaft groove. Plenty of how to videos out there.
    Please release me,let me go.

4. Member
    I have seen those but you can’t to that trick with the lift assist models and you can’t take the lift assist off or the trolling motor will not steer correctly. That was my problem. I made a bracket to hold the wire off the shaft and it works just would like for it to look a little “cleaner”

5. Member
    I struggle with it as well. There a several related threads.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=933308
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

6. Member
    Here is what I plan on doing with my Terrova. Looks like it works and looks clean. Just a rod sock.

2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv