Thread: ky lake ramps

ky lake ramps

Are there any good low water ramps between the dam and johnathon creek? I usually put in at big bear but it's crap now. Thanks

2. Member
    I used the upper ramp @ Moors Resort last Saturday..... it is the ramp associated with parking lot for boat trailers. Folks at the resort advised to NOT use the ramp near the Marina store. The ramp I mention, by the boat trailer parking lot is usable but not "good". You will need to really watch your motor and keep it trimed fairly high. Just idle out, staying close along side the slips and around the corner, keeping the motor trimed pretty high.

3. Member
    Thanks, I didn't know they didn't want us to use that by the store. Thanks

4. Member
    That's the same Moors ramp I typically use in the fall. Just do as lizardrig described and you should be fine. I watched a guy's trailer come off the end of that ramp by the marina right after using it myself so I now avoid it in the fall. We must have got really lucky. Also, if you prefer the LBL side we used the ramp in Smith Bay last fall and it was fine. I wouldn't advise using it after a heavy rain though.

5. Member
    The ramp at johnathon creek is always good to use and is a nice ramp with nice parking.

6. Member
    Thanks for the help guy's.

7. Member
    KenLake is useable year round and just a short boat ride from Jonathan

8. Member
    Yeah, that's where I ended up. Thanks