Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman942 View Post
    It runs fairly well. I’ve not been out in it by myself yet, too busy of a schedule. Each time I’ve been out there have been 3-4 adults. With the “full” load it is a little sluggish out of the hole, but it is a heavy boat. It rides well and runs shallow when on plane. I think it should run great with two folks in the boat. It’s stable and fishes well. I’d like to reduce some weight by switching to lithium batteries, but not ready to spend the $$$ yet. As you know, jets run better if they are light. Way back in the day when I owned my Ranger dealership, they would factory rig a jet, but not now days. The dealer was easy to work with ( I knew them from when I was in business). Ranger said they would honor any hull issues not related to the transom modifications, and CT will warranty the transom modifications. I’m assuming Weldcraft/Legendcraft did the transom work, but I never asked. There is also a member on here who has one with an Etec HO, I contacted him and he was pleased with his performance, that was a selling point for me. I sold a few Weldcrafts in the past and personally owned a 19x56 with a 200 jet after my dealer day....great boat.

Most of my fishing will be done on Wappapello during the winter draw down, so a jet will come in handy for that, but will also allow me to hit Current River for smallies.
    Most of my fishing is on Clearwater and the Black...My parents live on the bank of the lower Black.

I would love to have Lithium batteries but the cost...I just can't justify the cost yet. I believe someone local to CT is doing their transom work. In my case...I went straight to Weld-Craft for my boat instead of going through CT. When I mentioned to Weld-Craft CT was selling a Ranger Jet it was news to Weld-Craft.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    I'll stick with mine. .190 bottom, .125 sides. 140/100 get with some "work" done to it. Turning the v6 stainless 4 blade impeller.

How did you manage to get a .190" bottom on that Xpress? I see it is a "custom" Xpress, but I have never heard of one having more than .125.

Thanks

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Here are a few pics...I have a custom full front deck. Let me know if you need other views.

Attachment 380037 Attachment 380041 Attachment 380042
    I once sold them also. Boats are built like a tank. Not many have heard of them but they have been around for quite some time. Sorta a custom builder.

4. Member

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Most of my fishing is on Clearwater and the Black...My parents live on the bank of the lower Black.

I would love to have Lithium batteries but the cost...I just can't justify the cost yet. I believe someone local to CT is doing their transom work. In my case...I went straight to Weld-Craft for my boat instead of going through CT. When I mentioned to Weld-Craft CT was selling a Ranger Jet it was news to Weld-Craft.
    Good to know.

Some nice jet sleds on here!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samck96 View Post
    How did you manage to get a .190" bottom on that Xpress? I see it is a "custom" Xpress, but I have never heard of one having more than .125.

Thanks
    Cut out the bottom and welded it in
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12