Question Oil injection question

I’m looking at purchasing a mid 80’s Mariner 175 for my Ranger 361. The motor has the oil injection deleted where you just add the oil to the fuel tank. I was under the impression this was fairly common, but the mechanic where I’m having the motor mounted seems to think this is a red flag. Motor is in great shape and runs well. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

2. Member
    it is common , some folks just scared of injection, and mid 80 had some probs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I had an 1985 - 150 that I removed the the oil pump and mixed oil and gas together

4. Banned
    Very common mixed mine by hand for years on 86' 175 motor lasted 25 years (10 years of flat out abuse) before having a rebuild and is still going last time I saw it.

Might want to have someone else look at that motor for you. Every mechanic I talked to about the rebuild on mine said they would not hook back up the injection system. Said if they did they would not warranty the rebuild.