Banned

Question Tach gauge question 2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B400763

Engine ser # 2B400763
    2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot.
    I have reason to believe this Tach/RPM part of the gauge has never been accurate. The fuel gauge part is correct.

I am either going to have Triton replace it under warranty or purchase a new one.

Either way it will be shipped to me. Very easy to install these gauges. On the back of the gauge you have to set it to your brand of motor. I have a 2017 250 Pro XS 2 Stroke.
    Any idea what this should be set on? I was told it possibly is not set correct. What should it be set on with my engine? RPMS running too low! See pic.
    It has 2P/4C 3P/6C 4P/8C 5P 6P??????????????

<Announcements>

Thanks guys
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 10-10-2019 at 11:35 AM.

2. Banned
    Guess no one knows?

3. Member
    So many don't use analog tachs anymore, my last one was set to 6p and is where I'd start. YMMV.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    6P would normally be the correct setting. Have you checked the settings on your original Tach (they are usually pretty durable, often just mis-set dip switches and/or calibration needed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Banned
    Thanks EuropeanAM! I am going to look. A Triton rep said 1,2,3,4 all down and 5 is up. That did not make sense to me based off the selections on the back of the gauge. See above

6. Member
    6P on others off, if the original tach wasn't set right it's probably fine.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtriton80 View Post
    Thanks EuropeanAM! I am going to look. A Triton rep said 1,2,3,4 all down and 5 is up. That did not make sense to me based off the selections on the back of the gauge. See above
    On the multi-gauge with DIP switches, I seem to recall the #4 switch was ON, others OFF (#4 up).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor