Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

no rod tubes in my 2020 20PHX? or all them this way..?

I found out my rod tips kept getting tangled up in my port side and center box. Im having to use the rod sleeves to prevent, but now one of my rod sleeves is hung up....they have inserts but are there no tubes in Phoenix boats? shined the light up in the port side and could see wires hanging... this is my first Phoenix. great boat but this puzzles me why? TIA

2. Member
    am I the only one?

3. Member
    I'm going to guess that somehow the tubes either got left out or they got disconnected from the insert

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I'm going to guess that somehow the tubes either got left out or they got disconnected from the insert
    so you are saying you have them and no problems like me...?

5. Member
    I took mine out. If you want to check dimensions to see if the tubes from a 921phx will fit send me a message.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I took mine out. If you want to check dimensions to see if the tubes from a 921phx will fit send me a message.

Thanks but no thanks Ill have Phoenix fix the issue...their problem.

7. Member
    I've always wondered how that works as well. I use sleeves on all the rods and they don't seem to get stuck.. Sometimes when I fit two rods in one hole it can get sort of stuck but then I turn on or the other rod and it comes undone. I'm assuming this is normal.

8. Member
    I have had 3 birds (921s) and never had that issue. Would definitely call the best customer service dept in the business.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

9. Member
    I had the dealer remove my port rod organizer when I picked up the boat. I will never run another boat with one. Nothing but rod problems and limits the number you can transport. In last boat I used the center rod storage for extra day rods but the setup in the Phoenix is not very good. The swinging butt holder keeps wanting to swing one way or the other from running and puts the rods in bind. Also, limits ease of access to the tackle storage.

10. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    I had the dealer remove my port rod organizer when I picked up the boat. I will never run another boat with one. Nothing but rod problems and limits the number you can transport. In last boat I used the center rod storage for extra day rods but the setup in the Phoenix is not very good. The swinging butt holder keeps wanting to swing one way or the other from running and puts the rods in bind. Also, limits ease of access to the tackle storage.

11. Member
    yea...figured it out.. i removed the rod tubes from port..realized they are open at the end and thats why my 7'10" rods were snagging wires..poor design. Now ill just have rod jackets on the rods and slide them in and out with no rod tubes.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonray View Post
    yea...figured it out.. i removed the rod tubes from port..realized they are open at the end and thats why my 7'10" rods were snagging wires..poor design. Now ill just have rod jackets on the rods and slide them in and out with no rod tubes.
    good to know.... not sure how I feel about that.

...well now that I think about it... if the rod tubes were closed at the end you would break rod tips by smashing them into the end of the tube... I kind of hope they're all open at the end (even other boats). I'm imagining the guy with the 8' rod moving it up and down to get other rods out. There's no "great" solution to this I guess.

13. Member
    well i hear ya...but i never broke any tips in my rangers...those tubes ran all the way to the bow. phoenix is 2/3rds the way and was killing my guides close to the tip..
    Quote Originally Posted by steph281086 View Post
    good to know.... not sure how I feel about that.

...well now that I think about it... if the rod tubes were closed at the end you would break rod tips by smashing them into the end of the tube... I kind of hope they're all open at the end (even other boats). I'm imagining the guy with the 8' rod moving it up and down to get other rods out. There's no "great" solution to this I guess.

14. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonray View Post
    well i hear ya...but i never broke any tips in my rangers...those tubes ran all the way to the bow. phoenix is 2/3rds the way and was killing my guides close to the tip..
    but most of your rods (like mine) were bent as well

15. Member
    ok.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    but most of your rods (like mine) were bent as well

16. Member
    take your tubes out. You will be glad you did.

I been thinking about taking the rod tubes out of my 721 for more rod storage. for those of you who have taken them out do you like it allot more?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    take your tubes out. You will be glad you did.
    done deal...wished i got the memo earlier lol

19. Member
    The only way to go as long as you use rod sleeves, I took them out of my last boat and it was the first thing I did when I got the new boat home.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    I been thinking about taking the rod tubes out of my 721 for more rod storage. for those of you who have taken them out do you like it allot more?
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

Stratos 185, took me two years to finally do it........Love no rod tubes, bough sleeves and some lure covers for crankbaits/jerkbaits etc.......best thing ever for rod storage
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast