Thread: 360 transducer

360 transducer

It looks like half the transducer has stopped working on my tm360. It was working fine then all of a sudden it only scans and refreshes on half of the circle. Does anyone know how much humminbird charges to fix it?

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    It looks like half the transducer has stopped working on my tm360. It was working fine then all of a sudden it only scans and refreshes on half of the circle. Does anyone know how much humminbird charges to fix it?
    We just sent ours to HB for repair. We got quick, professional service. I was very impressed with HB customer service. $314 to repair and return.
    Last edited by jym; 10-07-2019 at 03:06 PM. Reason: more info

4. Member
    Thanks for the link. I’m wondering what price repair my issue would fall under? The $250 or $500 repair bill is going to determine if I fix it or order a new one.

Thanks for the link. I’m wondering what price repair my issue would fall under? The $250 or $500 repair bill is going to determine if I fix it or order a new one.
    If you damaged/cracked the pod, that is the $500 deal.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Those crooks are going to charge you $250.00 just to send it in and then you can bet they will decide you need to pay the $500 and your stuck. So you might as well pay the $500 and get a new/rebuilt 360. My pod is loose and I was told to send it in for $250 then they would determine what is wrong. I'm just going to wait until the unit is completely broke and send it in for a new one.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by C130; 10-13-2019 at 09:57 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Those crooks are going to charge you $250.00 just to send it in and then you can bet they will decide you need to pay the $500 and your stuck. So you might as well pay the $500 and get a new/rebuilt 360. My pod is loose and I was told to send it in for $250 then they would determine what is wrong. I'm just going to wait until the unit is completely broke and send it in for a new one.
    If your unit is out of warranty, the repair prices are not completely unreasonable, considering what it costs to get a new one. If you have broke the pod, that means you impacted something with considerable amount of force. That is your fault not theirs. I have had 2 Helix units fixed by them: one was a main board replacement under warranty, and the other I was sent a complete current generation unit not under warranty. Repair cost beats the hell out of new cost. The service is super fast and super responsive when I have called them. Yeah its a pain when something breaks down, but service is superior to most other things you spend this kind of money on.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    If your unit is out of warranty, the repair prices are not completely unreasonable, considering what it costs to get a new one. If you have broke the pod, that means you impacted something with considerable amount of force. That is your fault not theirs. I have had 2 Helix units fixed by them: one was a main board replacement under warranty, and the other I was sent a complete current generation unit not under warranty. Repair cost beats the hell out of new cost. The service is super fast and super responsive when I have called them. Yeah its a pain when something breaks down, but service is superior to most other things you spend this kind of money on.
    I didn't hit anything and the unit is only a year and a half old, which by the way I had to send in the day after I bought it because it wouldn't power on. The pod is loose, as in I could turn it all the way around if I wanted and it wiggles a little up and down. The unit still works it's just loose. I just called support to see what I could do to tighten it up but was told I had to send in and pay the $250 for them to check it out. There is no way it's worth $250 for them to tighten the pod on the shaft.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I didn't hit anything and the unit is only a year and a half old, which by the way I had to send in the day after I bought it because it wouldn't power on. The pod is loose, as in I could turn it all the way around if I wanted and it wiggles a little up and down. The unit still works it's just loose. I just called support to see what I could do to tighten it up but was told I had to send in and pay the $250 for them to check it out. There is no way it's worth $250 for them to tighten the pod on the shaft.
    I would have taken it back to the place I bought it, if it didnt power up on the first use.

Did you register the unit....unless they discontinued this, you get an additional 1yr on your warranty when you register it.

I definitely understand about the question for trying to tighten it up and not getting any info from HB, other than send it in. That sucks. That is definitely not worth the $250. Maybe you can call again and get a different technician that is more helpful. I know I have done that before with other things.

Sounds like the screws holding the alignment piece on the tube are broke or missing. Did you try to completely disassemble it?

Hope you get it fixed.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    I would have taken it back to the place I bought it, if it didnt power up on the first use.

Did you register the unit....unless they discontinued this, you get an additional 1yr on your warranty when you register it.

I definitely understand about the question for trying to tighten it up and not getting any info from HB, other than send it in. That sucks. That is definitely not worth the $250. Maybe you can call again and get a different technician that is more helpful. I know I have done that before with other things.

Sounds like the screws holding the alignment piece on the tube are broke or missing. Did you try to completely disassemble it?

Hope you get it fixed.
    I called the place where I bought it online and they said I had to contact HB which I did at the time. I don't believe I registered the unit at the time because of HB's stupid idea of putting the serial number on the shaft with a sticker that got shredded when I installed it. There might be a way of getting the serial number somewhere else but I would have expected the HB support person to tell me that when I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago nor did they mention the extra year of warranty. The screws where loose, which I told the support person I tightened them up as much as I could and she didn't even know those screws existed. I haven't tried to take those screws off but I may try that, so far glue or clear silicon haven't worked.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225