Thread: Lack of sleep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lack of sleep

Anybody else forget how to sleep? Im 36 and for the last 4-5 months i absolutely cant sleep. I havent changed anything, no big stresses in life or anything different, i just cant sleep more than a few hours a night and its killing me during the day at work. Is it just part of getting older? I miss laying my head diwn and not rolling over until my alarm went off
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    I have the same trouble at 58 get up 2-3 times during the night and tired at work but never tired when fishing

Desk job? Need more exercise?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Desk job? Need more exercise?
    auto body repair, certainly no lack of exercise or strenuous work
    They aint got hands, set the hook

5. Member
    No caffeine for a few hours before bed time. A good walk of about 2 miles in the evening helps a lot.

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    get some time release melatonin ,or more exercise or a walk like someone stated get more fresh air....
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

7. Member
    It is only going to worse.

Puori - M3 High Quality Magnesium, Vitamin B6 11mg, Magnesium 300mg, Zinc, 15mg, Malic Acid 300mg, 120 Vegan Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071S66Y49..._yLXMDbZ03GM33
    This stuff is great really helps you relax and get into a deep sleep and it’s a great supplement for heart health. Like others have said ditch the caffeine cut down the screen time at night and get some exercise and the rest should take care of itself.

9. Member
    I deal with it. Has taken me about 5 years to pinpoint what works for me. The melatonin is great. I also take a stomach acid reducer. My problem is a stomach that is to active and keeps me awake. There are almost no symptoms other than can't sleep. Here is an easy test for you to try. Pick up a bottle of Galivson at your drug store or walmart. Take 2 spoon fulls when you go to bed for a week. They also make tablets but liquid is better. It works or it don't. You are out less than 10 bucks to try.
    BTW if this helps there are many things you can do and meds you can take to improve......does not have to be Galivson.
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 10-07-2019 at 07:28 AM.

10. Member
    Changing of the seasons and daylight savings seems to affect my sleep.

11. Banned
    Look at "Pineal Gland" <--- The 'computer of Your Soul' It is the size of a bit of rice and sits in the middle of Your brain. It is where 'Melatonin' is produced NATURALLY. Over time, the Pineal Gland gets 'calcified' which inhibits the production of Melatonin.

It is pretty important...

It actually goes all the way back to Babylon.. And the Catholic Church also has a Shrine to the Pine Cone..

1k72bwmyqqqq.jpg

pine_c28.jpg

12. Member
    Been that way for a long, long time. Hard to sleep more than 4 hours uninterrupted. Usually wake up a few times each night and sometimes just don't get back to sleep. Makes for some long days. I've tried just about everything. Melatonin gets me to sleep, but won't keep me asleep. Same with any of the otc sleep aids (unisom, nyquil zzzz, etc). Finally found a magnesium supplement that works better than most.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vital.../dp/B0716M5CXM
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

13. Member
    Need to revisit college days and get some weed.

I average 5 hours a night. I never have to get up once I go to sleep. When I was younger I could go 2 days without sleep, and did many times. Besides a physical I would talk to a nutritionist.

Smalljawguy, that is one of the brands we buy at our health store. To others, —— start out easy with it.

15. Member
    I've had sleeping issues for years. Throw down Melatonin, and different sleep aids, and still can't sleep sometimes.

Are you losing any weight? Heart been having palpitations? If so , get your thyroid levels checked....I’ve never been a good sleeper. I’m excited if I can get 5 hours at night. I’ll have one night a week I don’t sleep any. Been that way for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    I've had sleeping issues for years. Throw down Melatonin, and different sleep aids, and still can't sleep sometimes.
    Ever been checked for sleep apnea?

A few weeks ago fished in Mn. I was missing a part on my CPap and it will not run without it. Never slept a min.

18. Scraps
    Exercise can help I've found. No alcohol in the evening. There's a circle of dependencies, work, diet, exercise. If one is off it affects my sleep.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

19. Member
    i'd go see your doctor

20. Member
    Benadryl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast