Thread: 04 125 stalling

Lightbulb 04 125 stalling

I have a 2004 merc 125 outboard that as of lately has been stalling when warm. If I push the button in and give it fuel before I start it will usually stay running, but even after long runs down the lake, I'll stop and fish for a while, then go to start. It fires immediately but stalls unless I give it gas quickly. Carbs supposedly were rebuilt before I bought it 4 years ago and the boat has never not started. I run non ethanol fuel and use a full can of seafoam every other fill up.
    Another thing that happens on occasion but seems better, when I load on the trailer, if I have to power load, when I give it gas it will rev up and stall, like when it is trying to switch to all 4 cylinders. It only does this under the resistance of the trailer bunks. Not sure if these issues are related but this issue is only randomly.

It has new NGK plugs gapped correctly.
    I was thinking of replacing the fuel line/primer bulb, decarbing, rebuilding the fuel pump and the accelerator pump.
    I am getting ready to sell the boat, and I want to get these issues sorted before I list it. This engine has been flawless, other than being cold natured it runs amazing!

any tips would be greatly appreciated!
    2004 Ranger 175VS/Mercury 125
    2018 Ram 2500-full thuren king 2.5 suspension

2. Member
    ^^^^^and mabe richen mixture up just a tad
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................