2016 Z20 front trim panel shorted out on the down function

and now none of the trim works at the steering wheel trim,gear shifter or at the motor,i unplugged the bow switch and still none work. Anyone seen this before or know what to check?

You sure the pump is still working? Could be a fuse I just would not know where though.
    Last edited by BMCD; 10-07-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    it was trimming the motor down on it's own,only way it would stop wa if i'd hit the up switch or if i killed the main 12v power on/off,this happened while i was taking offf from a boat ramp and making a 2 mile run in the dark to the tournament check in,when i got to the check in i killed the 12v main on/off switch to stop it,at blast off i turned the on/off back on so i could have power to my graphs and running lights and the trim was working fine,i made my run approximately 20 miles and as i stopped on my first spot it i went to trim the motor down and noticed my trim wasn't working,so i turned the power switch off,unplugged the front bow trim and now neither of the trim switches work,checked all fuses and can't find any bad.

4. Member
    I have a 2018 Z19 that shorted out in the up position when it rained. I had to remove my front panel and unplug the switch. Got a new one from Nitro, the part number had been changed and the switch was upgraded. They said they had a lot of issues with the switched shorting out when they go wet. Which didn't make much sense with it being on a boat. Not sure if your 2016 had they same style switch or not.
    2022 920 Elite
    250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremycnwy View Post
    I have a 2018 Z19 that shorted out in the up position when it rained. I had to remove my front panel and unplug the switch. Got a new one from Nitro, the part number had been changed and the switch was upgraded. They said they had a lot of issues with the switched shorting out when they go wet. Which didn't make much sense with it being on a boat. Not sure if your 2016 had they same style switch or not.
    the first time it shorted out was in a monsoon but it stopped shorting out after i turned the power switch off and back on,this time it shorted out and now none of my trim switches work