mr. Flipp

Lowrance HDS 9 Gen2's Depth Reading Issue

I am running 2 HDS 9 Gen2 touch units. One in the dash and the other at the trolling motor. The depth reading on the dash unit does not display. (no digital number or bottom reading). Nor does it have a Structure scan reading. I swapped the units around (dash unit to trolling motor, trolling motor unit to dash) and the problem still exist at the dash unit. After a whole bunch of trouble shooting, and settings reviewing, My question is: Do the 2 transducers work together in some way? Will a bad 2d ducer affect the structure scan? Why do i not have depth on either screen? Sometimes when i reboot the dash unit the depth will come back but not for long. MY 2d transducer is in the mounted in the hull. This used to be a flawless setup for me, then all of a sudden it's not working. Thanks for any help....

2. Member
    I had a similar problem (same unit) and ended being the puck inside the bilge was bad. Actually have two bad ducers in the bilge which I need to remove. So I replaced the 2d ducer and the depth reading is displaying once again. The SS should be reading from the LSS 2. Hopefully this helps.
    2002 Ranger 185 VS Mercury 175 EFI

3. mr. Flipp
    Sounds accurate. I took the transducers from the tm and tried it and it worked..... Guess I'll be ordering one. Thanks for the response.