Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liberty Mutual customers

Anyone have experience with Liberty Mutual home and auto? Reviews are pretty solid for customer service and coverage but some customers complain about rate creep or just outright bait and switch rates that jump after the first year. Valid complaints or just disgruntled folks?

we were hit by a tornado here last july, they have been great for us.

3. Member
    I have had them for 60 years, and my parents long before that. No problems. You do have to watch them for rate creap.
    Last edited by donpilot; 10-06-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Afterthought

4. Member
    Had them for years , but prices kept creeping with no claims, so I shopped it, and left them.

5. Member
    Funny ass commercials.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBassNJ View Post
    Had them for years , but prices kept creeping with no claims, so I shopped it, and left them.
    Same here
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    I signed with them for home and auto 5 years ago. After 2 years, their rates started climbing. Switched both to Progressive starting next month and saving over $1000.

8. Member
    Sounds a lot like cable and internet. Intro rate is great but then.....

9. Banned
    Had them for a couple of years, rates kept going up everytime I renewed, switched to GEICO, saved a bunch. This was just for auto insurance as none of them will write policies for Homeowner Insurance here in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    I signed with them for home and auto 5 years ago. After 2 years, their rates started climbing. Switched both to Progressive starting next month and saving over $1000.
    our neighbor had progressive that was hit by the same tornado that hit us, it hasn't been as a smooth for him to deal with compared to us.

11. Member
    Claims service is good but the rate creep is real bad with them. I was with them for six years and its a constant battle to keep premiums in check. I went with someone else on the homeowner's policy this year and saved significant $'s. Priced homeowner coverage at five companies and everyone was cheaper than Liberty Mutual. We never had a claim on this policy.

The autos and umbrella policies are still with them but they will also be shopped at renewal.

I refuse to pay overpay so they can run those stupid commercials
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 10-06-2019 at 08:25 PM.

12. Banned
    As a contractor, Liberty Mutual is one of the last companies you want in a time of need. They are horrible and do not correctly pay for necessary work. Run from them ,Safeco, and Allstate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBassNJ View Post
    Same

14. Member
    they screwed us over. had them for over two decades and filed zero claims until 3 yrs ago. roof was trashed in a storm, 3 yr old roof, wind damage and hail. rood was trashed. they denied our claim because we lost shingles on the front and back of the house. they said wind cant blow in multiple directions?

15. Member
    I think a lot of it is really depending on how good a dealer/agent you have. All insurance companies will get by as easy as possible. New Flash: They are all in it for the money. I have been lucky and haven’t had many claims in my adult life. Only had problems once and the adjuster was hard to work with. The other few times I was well pleased with their help.

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Anyone have experience with Liberty Mutual home and auto? Reviews are pretty solid for customer service and coverage but some customers complain about rate creep or just outright bait and switch rates that jump after the first year. Valid complaints or just disgruntled folks?
    premium went up....and up.....and up some more. Plus their "state reporting" (proof of insurance) is a bit of a joke....resulted in tag suspension for us when we were covered the whole time....lot of wasted time and money. They lost me as a customer. GEICO has been absolutely amazing.

17. Member
    I had them for 4 years and every year the cost kept going up until I got tired and dropped them. Started with $ 860.00 first year on homeowners ins. By the 4th year and no claims up to $2680.00 dropped them immediately . Went with Nationwide now, only $ 1230.00 per year and same coverage.

18. Member
    Seems like the cost will creep up with all insurance companies. Have read that it is best to check and compare prices every couple of years no matter who you have.

19. Member
    We had them for a few years and they were great. Had 1 claim with them when I totaled my truck and they were great to work with. Settled very quickly and much higher payout than I expected. Unfortunately, their rates got to the point that they were not remotely competitive and we moved to another company.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzehr75 View Post
    they screwed us over. had them for over two decades and filed zero claims until 3 yrs ago. roof was trashed in a storm, 3 yr old roof, wind damage and hail. rood was trashed. they denied our claim because we lost shingles on the front and back of the house. they said wind cant blow in multiple directions?
    Guess they have never seen a tornado, strange since it's Oklahoma and they have them regularly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast