Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    G2 would be gone in two years, you bringing two examples on Evinrudes failing. Do you know of any mercury failures this year? Other than the example I gave.

Nope, apparently BASS only tells us about the evinrudes that fail. Seems that when goober said that Merc was completely unreliable, he forgot that there’s triple the number over Erude. Shouldn’t there be a break down or two at every tournament, since they are so unreliable?

As far as the “gone in 2 years” that wasn’t me. I have no clue how long they will build motors.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    You’re right, at least when I go to Destin, Pensacola, Panama etc I never see an Evinrude on the back of offshore boats. I see a lot of Yamaha’s, Suzuki’s and Honda’s though.

I love 2 strokes but if I was buying a new motor it would be a Honda or Yamaha 4 stroke.
    SHO or F series?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Nope, apparently BASS only tells us about the evinrudes that fail. Seems that when goober said that Merc was completely unreliable, he forgot that there’s triple the number over Erude. Shouldn’t there be a break down or two at every tournament, since they are so unreliable?

As far as the “gone in 2 years” that wasn’t me. I have no clue how long they will build motors.
    Two in what 6-8 years? I believe bass had a few breakdowns this year other than Johnston’s. Maybe it was in opens. FLW had a few too. Look those up

4. Banned
    Two in what 6-8 years? I believe bass had a few breakdowns this year other than Johnston’s. Maybe it was in opens. FLW had a few too. Look those up
    I don’t need to look up anything, goober said Merc was “unreliable”. I made my case and of course he didn’t respond.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I don’t need to look up anything, goober said Merc was “unreliable”. I made my case and of course he didn’t respond.
    Oh. I just don’t believe the hype of the four strokes and I’m actually shopping. I’d like to know where all the cheap G2’s are at. I’ve found a couple boats with them and they were sold before I could even look at them. Some good deals on 2019 4s Mercs now and I’m looking at them. Just know I’m gonna run wide open as much or more than I’m gonna be idling around.

Going off the rails a bit ain’t you? The new merc 4 strokes are leaving people high and dry, plenty of examples (more so) than Rudes going down, you just don’t pay attention fanboy. The latest FLW spokesman had the new 4s fail on him, yeah,utube video an all. G2 owns the outboard market, most mechanics will tell you 2strokes all the way. I see plenty of 2019 4s boats sitting in lots, the pro Xs 2s sold out quick.

Everyone know Yamaha is only when not if.
    Not in Oklahoma. I spoke with a Ranger dealer in Norman, OK and he indicated the bass boats with Mercury two strokes are not moving and most all the buyers want the 4 stroke Mercury. Evinrude has virtually no service dealers in the area and you see very few of them. Mercury has many more service and sales options. I have a Mercury 250Pro XS two stroke and my next one will be a 4 stroke without a doubt.

7. Member
    Think i just heard the last nail in evinrude’s coffin being driven with the announcement of the FLW/MLF deal. Better buy a g2 now before they are extinct.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    What happens to a 2 stroke at 6000 rpm when it leans out (injection goes bad)?What happens to a four stroke nothing other than loosing power.4 stroke are just a better option for just about anything other than a chain saw.I have 4 stroke lawn mowers that run for for 30 years never a problem

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    What happens to a 2 stroke at 6000 rpm when it leans out (injection goes bad)?What happens to a four stroke nothing other than loosing power.4 stroke are just a better option for just about anything other than a chain saw.I have 4 stroke lawn mowers that run for for 30 years never a problem
    No, they just make oil like the sho.

10. Member
    I think I would rather have a motor making oil then one scarring piston walls

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    You think a 4 stroke won’t burn up things if it goes lean? Mmmkay

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Exactly...lean is mean for a little bit anyways lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    I've never taken a 4-stroke completely apart, but I always assumed there was a bunch of those perpetual motion devices all hooked together under the cowl. Somehow they were connected to the driveshaft, and they could never fail.

14. Banned
    I heard JM was gonna buy evinrude and bring back the Tracker name to outboard motors

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I heard JM was gonna buy evinrude and bring back the Tracker name to outboard motors
    Tracker by mercury marine?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I've never taken a 4-stroke completely apart, but I always assumed there was a bunch of those perpetual motion devices all hooked together under the cowl. Somehow they were connected to the driveshaft, and they could never fail.
    Lawlz

17. Banned
    Tracker by mercury marine?
    Yeah now its gonna be tracker by evinrudeScreenshot_20191010-194235_Chrome.jpg

18. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Yeah now its gonna be tracker by evinrudeScreenshot_20191010-194235_Chrome.jpg

19. Member
    Zero problems finding unsold 2019 merc 4s rigged boats. A bit harder to find the same with Evinrude or Yamaha. Maybe mercy market saturation isn’t the best plan? The only merc 4s owner I know promptly traded it in for a new 2018 boat with 2s. He was the biggest fan of 4s until he owned one. Grass isn’t always greener
    Your buddy is a minority when it comes to the new V8 Merc 4 strokes or the SHO.
    The new Merc V8 4s is impacting the used 2 stroke market. Most used rigs with a 2018 2 stroke will be sold as a steal due to buyers wanting the V8.

The rest of my earlier post wasnt commented on? Why?
    Evinrudes days are numbered. Either they step up with a game changer at a price cheaper or equal to its competitors, or BRP will get rid of it.

The current new ownership of the FLW will have an impact also.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Evinrudes days are numbered. Either they step up with a game changer at a price cheaper or equal to its competitors, or BRP will get rid of it.

The current new ownership of the FLW will have an impact also.
    Top bass professionals in the world run Evinrudes. Ask Thrift or Wheeler where BRP is going. Not to mention the others. Besides, the new merger is supposed to make everything stronger, right? To each their own, I’m not interested in a four stroke unless it’s at a cut rate price. $$$ being equal I’d pick G2 everyday of the week.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast