TR186 Misc storage question

I recently purchased a 2000 TR186 single console. While I like the boat and what storage is available I really miss a”day box” to put my phone, plastics bags I’m using for the day etc. kind of like a glove compartment for a second console without the second console. Just something I can access quickly. Anyone have any ideas or things they have done they are willing to share?

Thanks in advance,
    Joe Fleischman

2000 Triton 186

2. Member
    I had an '01 186. I used some silicon caulking on the small cooler plug in that small cooler on the step up to the front deck. I never used that cooler and the silicon caulking on the plug kept that area dry. So I used it for items like you mentioned above. Worked well.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Yep. That’s the first place I started stashing stuff. Would be nice to actually use the cooler though. Certainly an option if all else fails.

Thanks got the reply!
    Joe Fleischman

2000 Triton 186

4. Member
    Mine had the dual console so I just used the glove box. I also cut a rectangular hole on the horizontal part right behind the cup holder located next to the drivers seat. I bought a white plastic tray about 8” long from Dollar Tree and siliconed it in. I drilled a few small holes in the bottom so it would drain. It looked like it was factory installed. I have seen some people make a box out of composite decking boards so it doesn’t rot and use Starboard for the lid. Carpet everything and attach it between the seats. Bassboatseats.com sells a center console storage unit too. It comes in 3 different colors.
    https://www.bassboatseats.com/produc...4012d211&_ss=r
    You can also search “between seat storage” or “center step box” or something like that. Here are a couple of links.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....+between+seats
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....enter+step+box
    Good Luck
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

5. Member
    Removed the center seat for a storage step..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    Where did you purchase that center storage in the photo you shared? I'd like to add one of those to my TR196.

7. Member
    Few years ago this sight. That is also available at bassboatseats.com. Works well..They have it on clearance now..
    https://www.bassboatseats.com/

8. Member
    I also purchased one of those center console storage compartments from bassboatseats.com - and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Best accessory out there, in my opinion. Now I've got a place to store my wallet, keys, phone.....it's great.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    Yours is the one I remembered from a while back, that’s why I posted the link. I do have a couple of questions. I know you painted yours with some type of liner. Which liner did you use and how is it still holding up? I took the middle seat out of my 19XS and would like to install the one from bassboatseats.com but I didn’t like the color either.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

10. Member
    I used a rubberized black trailer spray. Holding up well, retouch as needed. I did strap the lid closed as i lost couple map cards driving when the lid popped open on the road headed to Falcon.
    Attached Images Attached Images