Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    This isn't Assbook. No one is here is your bro.
    Tell him Mike....

And what is the price for one of these?

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    And what is the price for one of these?
    PM us I would be happy to give you. OUR price.

4. Member
    It will be interesting to see how this management system actually functions. Quite a few past attempts at utilization of the engine alternator to distribute power to the TM batteries after fully charging the cranking battery had minimal sucess (Stay N Charge, etc..). As most bass fisherman actually fish way more than they run, the ability to get the starting battery fully charged before allocating power to the TM batteries was never occurring. With today's power hungry electronics drawing even more amps than in years past, it's going to be difficult to get the cranking battery topped off on a run and move charging to the TM banks.

different when running lithiums

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    PM us I would be happy to give you. OUR price.
    @Tracer, I prefer mine last week from Kevin....will be here in a couple days and he is awesome to work with. Best price I have found as well.

6. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by james_az View Post
    different when running lithiums
    Please explain the difference.

7. Member
    Please explain the difference.
    Lower internal resistance, they take a charge quicker. If you believe the lithium salesmen, its up to 5 times. So 10 min run could charge a lithium equivalent to a 50 minute run with lead acid.

I'm hoping that this thing combined with 4 X LIFEPo4 100AH Batteries means that I can leave the generator at home for a 2-3 day trip and rely just on the charger. That little red Honda is 50lbs plus gas.

Like you, I'm interested to know if this is just an expensive bridge with a volt meter integrated into a phone app, or if there's more to it. Cause as you state if its just a bridge there's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper options.

8. mikesxpress
    The lithium is irrelevant for me as the Mercury 4.6L V8 requires an AGM battery for starting. I know the battery capacity and measured the draws placed on it during a standard fishing day. Even this engine high output alternator can't top it off after 3+ hours fishing and a 15 minute run.

While the draw would be the same, your thinking the faster charge rate of the lithium would allow it to top off the battery in my example above and shift that now unused alternator power to the TM batteries?

If you currently have a lithium as a cranking battery, does it show fully charged when you hook it up to your 110Vac battery charger?

9. Member
    Boats on order. Won't know for a couple months. There isn't a 31M AGM Battery that will allow me to run everything for a FULL day of fishing, not without damage to the battery. Am hoping the Lithium is different.

Not very forward looking of mercury with that requirement. An Odyssey 31M is $450 a 31M LIFEPo4 is $800 and 40lbs lighter. Only a matter of time.

10. mikesxpress
    I have a service well full of Odyssey 31's. I would definitely like to shave the weight and space with the lithiums but I think the additional cost for them and the PS4 charger reprogramming out weighs the technology where it's at now. Quite a few other emerging battery technologies are coming. I'll wait.

Attached Images Attached Images

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The lithium is irrelevant for me as the Mercury 4.6L V8 requires an AGM battery for starting.
    Tons of guys using lithiums with great success on the V8 4 stroke mercs.. despite what the manual " recommends". It's will NOT void warranty either.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=942351

12. mikesxpress
    Mercury made that AGM statement in the manual for a reason. (Mercury doesn't sell batteries)
    Lithium salesman want to sell there batteries.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Mercury made that AGM statement in the manual for a reason. (Mercury doesn't sell batteries)
    Lithium salesman want to sell there batteries.
    Problem is no one can get that reason from Mercury.. as stated many have ben using for some time now with no negative effects.

14. Member
    My issue has been going through the cranking/house batteries. 6 hours of fishing with 4 graphs (one of them livescope with the extra box) and the live wells, not to mention if I start early or finish late with lights. I've seen some pretty low voltages at the end of the day, which in turn reduces the cycles you get out of the battery.

15. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Problem is no one can get that reason from Mercury.. as stated many have ben using for some time now with no negative effects.
    I'm sure Mercury engineering had a legitimate reason for citing the AGM. They have been doing this for awhile. While I too would like to know in detail why, I'm not entitled to that. *I wouldn't ask Ford why they said to use 5w-30 semi-synthetic oil in my EcoBoost truck engine?

As far as folks using other than the OEM specified battery, that type stuff has been going on since STP and Amsol. As far as no negative affects, that remains to be seen. I've had mine for 18 months and got one of the 1st ones.

As far as not voiding the warranty, I wouldn't be making that statement in print unless you have Mercury concurrence. These engines are very power sensitive as compared to the 2 strokes. Hence the use of the additional/required clean power cables.

If you think the lithium battery manufacturers know better than Mercury what to use to power up there engine, then have at it.

16. mikesxpress
    James your sucking the bottom out of any battery with all those MFD's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12