narrowed down to 3

I have my search for my new boat narrowed down to 3. I'm looking for some feedback. Opinions are OK, but i would prefer a pro and con for each boat, or a positive for each one. The choices are: Ranger Z175, Triton 179TRX, or a Vexus AVX1880. I have never ridden in a Vexus and know very little about the ride compared to a smaller glass boat.

2. Member
    I had a 179 TRX and it’s a great boat. It’s a really nice fishing platform and soft ride but I just needed more speed. I wish it had been rated for a 150!

3. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    I have a 179 trx great boat. Looked at getting another tin like I had for years but for the price and the ride and other things I was looking for I definitely got an awesome deal. I got the 115 Merc Pro XS 4 stroke and love that motor. Its an 18'6 long hull its actually the old TR-186 Hull with about 200 pounds shaved off the weight. I have had it up to 52 mph gps in February in very cold water... Lol usually around 50 by myself and 45-48 with a co angler. For me it has been a great boat, no tin rig I was looking at in this price range can compare. I looked at them all and rode in a few as well. I have heard the Ranger 175 is a good boat. I dont know anything as far as Vexus goes. The only negative on the boat is the same with all Tritons... the cooler is not the best.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

4. Member
    I looked at them all for over a year until I bought the 1880 with a Merc 135. I didn't need a boat to blast off in, just needed one to hopefully have a blast in, so far it has been just that. I won't knock other brands, just do your homework, the ride and fit and finish with room to spare is what I bought, in a couple of years, I might move up to a 2080.

I haven't ridden in the 1880, but did fish out of a 1980 several days last March. It not only fishes like a glass boat, it rides like a glass boat...far, far better ride than my buddy's Ranger RT 188.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I was looking at the AVX 1880 a year or so back but ultimately bought a clean Ranger. I liked everything about the Vexus except the seats, I do not like the pronounced hip bolsters and felt like the seating could have been more comfortable. I compared it directly to the Xpress X19. The 200 class for 2" more boat tipped the scales IMO.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    I have my search for my new boat narrowed down to 3. I'm looking for some feedback. Opinions are OK, but i would prefer a pro and con for each boat, or a positive for each one. The choices are: Ranger Z175, Triton 179TRX, or a Vexus AVX1880. I have never ridden in a Vexus and know very little about the ride compared to a smaller glass boat.

Have You much experience with boats? The reason I ask the tin 'may' be the route to take as they are a tad more receptive to 'little learning dings' ..

Of those choices, I would go with the vexus
    Thank You Leon Pugh