Thread: Daiwa Reels

Daiwa Reels

What reels would you need from their line up for deep cranking/frogging/punching and normal casting what 3 reels would get the job done? Not looking to spend 300 plus for a reel anything below is fine

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Check these out: https://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/re...te1/index.html

They have every ratio you need for what you are asking.

Model
    Number
    Bearings Gear Ratio Line Per
    Handle Turn
    Wt.
    (oz.)
    Line Capacity
    (Lb. Test / Yards)
    Drag
    Max
    TAEL100H 7BB, 1RB 6.3:1 26.3" 6.7 MONO: 12/150, 14/125
    J-BRAID: 30/140, 40/110
    TAEL100HL 7BB, 1RB 6.3:1 26.3" 6.7 MONO: 12/150, 14/125
    TAEL100HS 7BB, 1RB 7.1:1 29.8" 6.7 MONO: 12/150, 14/125
    TAEL100HSL 7BB, 1RB 7.1:1 29.8" 6.7 MONO: 12/150, 14/125
    TAEL100XS 7BB, 1RB 8.1:1 33.9" 6.7 MONO: 12/150, 14/125
    TAEL100XSL 7BB, 1RB 8.1:1 33.9" 6.7 MONO: 12/150, 14/125

3. Member
    I just seen these new reels are they better than Daiwa Tatula SV TW?

4. Member
    I bought the tael100hs but I prefer the Abu Garcia revo sx, a lot better drag then the tats and about same price. Plus a little lower profile then the tats.

Tatula 150 p cranking ,Tatula SV or Tatula Elite for everything else.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    Tatula 150 p cranking ,Tatula SV or Tatula Elite for everything else.
    only deep cranking. For the 150 correct? Also is the Tatula sv vs the Tatula elite about the same or does one do something the other doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    only deep cranking. For the 150 correct? Also is the Tatula sv vs the Tatula elite about the same or does one do something the other doesn’t?
    The 150P is definitely a nice cranking reel all the way around, not just for deep divers. On that note, the Tackle Trap is about to get a little something special for guys looking for a great low gear ratio in both RH and LH... more details on that soon!

The Tatula Elite reels are smaller profile than the Tatula SV TW. They also have a solid aluminum handle side plate for additional rigidity. The Tatula Elite Long Cast will out cast the Tatula SV TW, no doubt. The Tatula Elite Pitch/Flip model is designed with closer quarters pitching in mind of course. The spool in that reel helps keep the trajectory of the bait lower to the water when pitching. It's impressive, as is the Long Cast. The Tatula SV TW is a fantastic "all around" reel either way.

I'm using the tat 150 p for baits up to 6xd and 8xd size. Works just fine. Maybe for 10xd you'll want something a little bigger , like a lew's super duty wide 5:4.
    Can't wait to see what Gary is talking about here !

9. Banned
    I smell another gear set swap ability,

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    I smell another gear set swap ability,
    Sniff again I'll post up about it as soon as everything is final...

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    The 150P is definitely a nice cranking reel all the way around, not just for deep divers. On that note, the Tackle Trap is about to get a little something special for guys looking for a great low gear ratio in both RH and LH... more details on that soon!

The Tatula Elite reels are smaller profile than the Tatula SV TW. They also have a solid aluminum handle side plate for additional rigidity. The Tatula Elite Long Cast will out cast the Tatula SV TW, no doubt. The Tatula Elite Pitch/Flip model is designed with closer quarters pitching in mind of course. The spool in that reel helps keep the trajectory of the bait lower to the water when pitching. It's impressive, as is the Long Cast. The Tatula SV TW is a fantastic "all around" reel either way.
    Really interested in the new Pitch/Flip reel, trying to get a handle on what to expect. Your posts on the subject have been really helpful! I'm someone who pitches deep grass an awful lot, and have been pitching and flipping mainly with an older Type R for several years now - that thing has made 20,000 pitches or more, maybe more than 30,000 - and it's crazy how tight and smooth it still is. When on a definite pitching and flipping bite I also occasionally will pitch and flip with an SV that's otherwise used for skipping docks...it does the job incredibly well also. So in the vein of trying to see how the new Pitch/Flip would fit into my arsenal and trying to compare to the reels I have currently (Type Rs and SVs, mostly)....Do the factors that make the Pitch/Flip a good close quarters reel also make it a good skipping reel? Or is (are) there some other factor(s) with it that makes it a superior close quarters reel?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Sniff again I'll post up about it as soon as everything is final...
    Cannot wait to see the 5 ratio!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Really interested in the new Pitch/Flip reel, trying to get a handle on what to expect. Your posts on the subject have been really helpful! I'm someone who pitches deep grass an awful lot, and have been pitching and flipping mainly with an older Type R for several years now - that thing has made 20,000 pitches or more, maybe more than 30,000 - and it's crazy how tight and smooth it still is. When on a definite pitching and flipping bite I also occasionally will pitch and flip with an SV that's otherwise used for skipping docks...it does the job incredibly well also. So in the vein of trying to see how the new Pitch/Flip would fit into my arsenal and trying to compare to the reels I have currently (Type Rs and SVs, mostly)....Do the factors that make the Pitch/Flip a good close quarters reel also make it a good skipping reel? Or is (are) there some other factor(s) with it that makes it a superior close quarters reel?
    I used my new Tatula elite flip and pitch reel today and loved it. Great reel.