Oil light coming on and beeps when I start only for about 5 seconds then goes off

2011 175 hpdi oil light comes on and beeps them goes out but not all the time both the main tank is fill and the tank on engine is full pulled the cover off the tank at engine and the sleeve in tank slid up anyone tell me how its suppose to be in that tank something must be sticking to kick on alarm never does it other than when you first start it and then it always doesn't do it thanks for any help

2. Member
    The sensor in the boat mounted remote tank will never turn on the oil warning alarm. You can rule that out.

The sensor in the main oil tank will only sound the low oil warning alarm if and when the float is in the down position. In other than the down position the warning horn will not sound.

When you say "sleeve in the tank slid up" are you referring to the float? There should be a screen around the sensor float.

3. Member
    Yea it's a clear plastic with holes that slid up when I took cover off I just slid it back down in should that be loose like that or whats making it still n trip alarm

4. Member
    Did the alarm problem start before or after you replaced the screen?

The screen is oriented in a particular position and held there with an index tab. The cap is indexed to the tank. The seal at the bottom needs to be in the proper position.SWITCHER.png

5. Member
    Problem was before I will recheck screen make sure it's right

6. Member
    Screen is right now and light oil light on the dash only lights if when you first turn key to on and you hear the little motor run back by the engine when the little motor stops after 5 seconds light goes out if you cycle key fast oil light won't light nor will the little electric motor kick on . Any thoughts ???