Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    I have used Ghost briefly, about two hours. The one I tried was indeed very silent, both under and over the waterline. I don`t own an Ultrex, but I will most likely change my MG XI5 to Ghost. Hoping a SW-version will be available about this time next year so I`m waiting for that.
    Serious question, not trying to be an ass (although I might be one without trying): How do you know it's silent "under the waterline"?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    And add in the boat noise and clicking transducers, along with props swirling. Yeah those fish have no clue whatsoever.

There’s nooooo way they could ever hear the ultrex going rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr rrrrrr everytime it turns.
    I have never even heard a ghost fart.

3. Member
    No, but you can smell them from a mile away...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    I went ahead and ordered a Ghost today, was told late November, we shall see.

5. Member

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a Ghost today, was told late November, we shall see.

I haven’t received any back order notices from TW yet, I’m sure hoping the rumors aren’t true.

7. mikesxpress
    Updates 1.5 thru 6.4 will be available soon.

8. Member
    I'm going to buy one but I've just been just watching places on the internet thinking some would pop up. I bet late November or early December they'll be out. With all the buzz at icast this yr being about the new trolling motors I'd say pressure is on them to get it out. They'll do it

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Serious question, not trying to be an ass (although I might be one without trying): How do you know it's silent "under the waterline"?
    Sound carries well in water. Just put your ear right under the surface and you can easily hear things like an outboard hundreds of feet away or a transducer tens of feet away. I have no problem hearing my MG Xi5, but I could hardly hear the Ghost. All I heard from the ghost was a very faint "hum"-kind of sound, while my Xi5 sound like a grinder in comparison. (I dive, so I`m regularly below the surface.)

10. Member
    Well I might consider switching when people start publishing their increased catch rates because of the lower noise in the water. My trip the other week I only put 30+ in the boat fishing with the Ultrex. It might be worth the switch to catch more fish.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Sound carries well in water. Just put your ear right under the surface and you can easily hear things like an outboard hundreds of feet away or a transducer tens of feet away. I have no problem hearing my MG Xi5, but I could hardly hear the Ghost. All I heard from the ghost was a very faint "hum"-kind of sound, while my Xi5 sound like a grinder in comparison. (I dive, so I`m regularly below the surface.)
    Well, I'd say you've got a pretty good handle on how much noise these things make under water!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Well I might consider switching when people start publishing their increased catch rates because of the lower noise in the water. My trip the other week I only put 30+ in the boat fishing with the Ultrex. It might be worth the switch to catch more fish.

Thats not the point. Someone spouted off from a half assed video that makes the ghost sound loud, when someone does a real lab test video of the same conditions, then people can talk about one being excessively loud.

Every single thread is the same here, talk about a new product and here comes a homer with their “my ultrex is better” post. We don’t care about your ultrex people. We would buy one if we wanted one.

For those wondering “why would anyone buy a Ghost first year release”....Well look at the pages of this section, problem after problem with the ultrex being posted. I’ll take my chances on something new.

13. Member
    Thats not the point. Someone spouted off from a half assed video that makes the ghost sound loud, when someone does a real lab test video of the same conditions, then people can talk about one being excessively loud.

Every single thread is the same here, talk about a new product and here comes a homer with their “my ultrex is better” post. We don’t care about your ultrex people. We would buy one if we wanted one.

For those wondering “why would anyone buy a Ghost first year release”....Well look at the pages of this section, problem after problem with the ultrex being posted. I’ll take my chances on something new.
    I have not had too many problems with my ultrex, the reason I am changing is because I have a new boat, I run Lawrance electronics and from the outside looking in I think the Ghost will be the best motor on the market.

14. Member
    Im not bashing the Ghost. I will admit I was being a little bit sarcastic with my post so Im sorry if I ruffled some feathers. Maybe I should of said it this way. I have an Ultrex that is relatively new. Its the non link version so I have $2300 in it. I replaced my 8 year old Fortrex with it.

The new Ghost costs what $3000 plus installation and sales tax. So if I switched to the new Ghost whether it is more quiet or not, my out of pocket cost to switch is + or - $5800. Im retired and want to stay retired. Since I do not have money to burn, switching out my perfectly good Ultrex for the new Ghost is not a good financial decision in my opinion. There will always be a new and improved modle. If I was looking at a new boat purchase, then this would be a different story and I would definitely consider the Ghost along with the other new offerings. I would be better off upgrading my electronics.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 10-15-2019 at 02:03 PM.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Im not bashing the Ghost. I will admit I was being a little bit sarcastic with my post so Im sorry if I ruffled some feathers. Maybe I should of said it this way. I have an Ultrex that is relatively new. Its the non link version so I have $2300 in it. I replaced my 8 year old Fortrex with it.

The new Ghost costs what $3000 plus installation and sales tax. So if I switched to the new Ghost whether it is more quiet or not, my out of pocket cost to switch is + or - $5800. Im retired and want to stay retired. Since I do not have money to burn, switching out my perfectly good Ultrex for the new Ghost is not a good financial decision in my opinion. There will always be a new and improved modle. If I was looking at a new boat purchase, then this would be a different story and I would definitely consider the Ghost along with the other new offerings. I would be better off upgrading my electronics.

Sorry if I made it sound as if I was offended with your post, I wasn’t. I’m just ready for it to be released, so we know if we have something great or a dud.

16. Member
    Sorry if I made it sound as if I was offended with your post, I wasn’t. I’m just ready for it to be released, so we know if we have something great or a dud.
    Scout, it is not going to be a dud, Edwin Evers said it is a game changer, so did Ike,

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Scout, it is not going to be a dud, Edwin Evers said it is a game changer, so did Ike,
    I'll say the same thing if LOWRANCE will pay me and give me one.

18. Member

problems happen when you sell thousands upon thousands and can’t even keep up with production. Lowrance can’t even seem to iron out the problem to even release it.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    problems happen when you sell thousands upon thousands and can’t even keep up with production. Lowrance can’t even seem to iron out the problem to even release it.

Same thing happened with the ultrex, short memory I guess.

20. Member
    Just a MLF video about the Ghost and at the end of the video it said now shipping worldwide. Maybe be here shortly

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast