Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Not a chance.

2. Member
    I pre-ordered with Jones, replacing a Fortrex though not an Ultrex.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton_ProXS View Post
    New Triton will be here in Nov and it will have a Ghost installed at my dealer along with L units. I really think it’s going to be the best TM on the market!!
    . Did you get that in writing? I can see you having a brand new boat with no Trolling Motor. You should make a backup plan.

4. Member
    No need for me to switch. Quite pleased with my Ultrex. This is my second boat with one on it. Besides, I would not want to buy a first year issue from a company that has never built a troller, and, also has a much less than stellar reputation for customer service
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    . Did you get that in writing? I can see you having a brand new boat with no Trolling Motor. You should make a backup plan.
    I did not but I do know my dealer will 100% take care of me. We have been told I'll receive one, but if Lowrance can't produce, my dealer will put an ultrex on it to use until the Ghost can be put on. Rest assured my dealer is top notch and no doubt will take care of it.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    No need for me to switch. Quite pleased with my Ultrex. This is my second boat with one on it. Besides, I would not want to buy a first year issue from a company that has never built a troller, and, also has a much less than stellar reputation for customer service

Just curious, how many years has the Merc 4 stroke been made?

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Just curious, how many years has the Merc 4 stroke been made?
    Oh jeez! Common Grout you know his point is valid. Mercury has been making outboards for years. Lowrance has never made a trolling motor. The poor customer service is also well documented.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Oh jeez! Common Grout you know his point is valid. Mercury has been making outboards for years. Lowrance has never made a trolling motor. The poor customer service is also well documented.

Well one cost $3k and the other $18k, neither are proven at this time. Mercury doesn’t exactly have a stellar reputation over the last couple years with its tracker valve diaphragms, compressors & oil pumps. Anyone remember the term “Optipop”? We don’t know if the 4 stroke will be the greatest motor ever made or a flop in 3 years. Same with a trolling motor, we don’t even know if Lowrance is really the one even building it, might be built by MG to Lowrance specs for all we know.

I can not imagine what would be gained over an ultrex, when they have been on the market for a couple of I will reevaluate.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    I can not imagine what would be gained over an ultrex, when they have been on the market for a couple of I will reevaluate.
    Just looking at it on the surface, brushless, better mount, break away, no cable, head does not turn, auto adjust, more efficient, lighter, can program power poles or way points to the buttons on the pedal, pairs with Lowrance graphs. Now not saying all of these functions will be flawless but I sure like them if they all do what they supposed to do.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    I talked to lowrance a week ago and they said it will be released this month. We'll see
    That's good. I seen on Bass Pro's website that it won't be available till 1 December. I hope it's sooner than later....
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

12. Member
    If you want networking compatibility, then that would most likely determine which brand. Just depends on which systems you prefer to use. I don't believe there will ever be an universal TM compatible across brands.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Just looking at it on the surface, brushless, better mount, break away, no cable, head does not turn, auto adjust, more efficient, lighter, can program power poles or way points to the buttons on the pedal, pairs with Lowrance graphs. Now not saying all of these functions will be flawless but I sure like them if they all do what they supposed to do.

....Crickets chirp.....from the silence.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    ....Crickets chirp.....from the silence.
    And a built in transducer that is replaceable with any ducer Lowrance has, for got about that.

just wait for the ghost gen2 the head is a solar panel it charges your batteries while you fish and the shaft is retractable so you can have a short or long shaft at the push of a button and its 180 pounds of thrust it has a bluetooth sensor that clips to your sunglasses and the motor goes wherever you are looking

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter21i View Post
    just wait for the ghost gen2 the head is a solar panel it charges your batteries while you fish and the shaft is retractable so you can have a short or long shaft at the push of a button and its 180 pounds of thrust it has a bluetooth sensor that clips to your sunglasses and the motor goes wherever you are looking
    Man I want that one!!! When's your release date?

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Its all for show if it as loud as a freight train under water.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Its all for show if it as loud as a freight train under water.
    I really doubt that it is, supposedly the quietest, but seriously, you really think a fish cannot detect any trolling motor on the market from probably a minimum of 10-20 feet away.
    That is like these bowhunters who claim how quiet their bows are, they will shoot 300 feet per second, how fast is the speed of sound ?

19. Banned
    And add in the boat noise and clicking transducers, along with props swirling. Yeah those fish have no clue whatsoever.

There’s nooooo way they could ever hear the ultrex going rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr rrrrrr everytime it turns.

20. Member
    I have used Ghost briefly, about two hours. The one I tried was indeed very silent, both under and over the waterline. I don`t own an Ultrex, but I will most likely change my MG XI5 to Ghost. Hoping a SW-version will be available about this time next year so I`m waiting for that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast