A few things I need to say

First off I would like to thank Panama, Mr Reynolds, TampaJim and a few others (whose names escapes me) for their critiques of the RT boats when I first joined. Based on their info, in March of 2014 I purchased a RT 188 and still love my boat.

Secondly I would like to thank Roy, gatorglenn, Paul and countless others for increasing my knowledge on boats in general.

There was a time when the main objective of the members of the tin forum was to help others with their boats. It would be a real shame if we lose this forum because a few members can't remember the golden rule. Please remember that there are new members joining all the time who appreciate the help getting started with their boats as much as I did 6 years ago.

Thanks again,
    Jim
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

2. Member

3. Member
    Well said sir.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Yes well said. The tin boat forum helped me a lot when I first got my RT.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I met TJ from being on here, Mr. Reynolds has PM’d me so many great projects I can’t thank him enough, and plenty of other people have helped me tremendously over the last year and a half! This section has helped me with my first tin boat so much I can’t really quantify it. The people here have always been great.

We aren’t losing this place! I say simply ignore the bad apples and get back to helping each other!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

The Tin forum will continue and if need be, those that continue to stir the pot won't be staying.

The forum needs to be a place to interact with other tin owners, sharing information, laughs, etc., and any actual pot stirring or brand bashing that isn't joking will be taken care of.
    We're not going to let a handful of "children" continue to mess up the forum.

The Tracker forum will remain a separate forum and won't be rolled into the Tin forum. There will be new Moderators for each of the forums.

As always, I appreciate any input you may have in making these forums better.

Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

8. Member
    Thanks VERY much.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

9. Member
    How about a Lund forum? I mean it one of the top of the line aluminum lines in the country?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I met TJ from being on here, Mr. Reynolds has PM’d me so many great projects I can’t thank him enough, and plenty of other people have helped me tremendously over the last year and a half! This section has helped me with my first tin boat so much I can’t really quantify it. The people here have always been great.

We aren’t losing this place! I say simply ignore the bad apples and get back to helping each other!
    Thanks Casslaw, I enjoy doing projects and if I Can help others, it is a way to give back for all I have learned on this Forum.
    I joined this forum 6 years ago when I bought my RT so I could learn to set it up properly and find custom accessories. That has worked out great.
    When looking at the 2200 plus posts, it occurs to me that for every post, I have probably read 8 or 10, and therein is the value of the forum. Whenever I have any sort of boating or fishing related question, I can find the answer here.
    I know two things, Al will do what is best for the Forum members, and I will continue to read.
    Tight Lines

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Thanks Casslaw, I enjoy doing projects and if I Can help others, it is a way to give back for all I have learned on this Forum.
    I joined this forum 6 years ago when I bought my RT so I could learn to set it up properly and find custom accessories. That has worked out great.
    When looking at the 2200 plus posts, it occurs to me that for every post, I have probably read 8 or 10, and therein is the value of the forum. Whenever I have any sort of boating or fishing related question, I can find the answer here.
    I know two things, Al will do what is best for the Forum members, and I will continue to read.
    Tight Lines
    Bill, I think you would be a great moderator.

JC1234, Thanks

I do remember this site as a go to, and how to one. Hope it returns to its former glory.

Iam not around much now. But if it returns to a more helpful place, I just might show up more.

Been real busy with some boat rebuilds. That turned out awesome. But I’ve got the Overlanding bug. So lots of traveling lately.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbev13 View Post
    How about a Lund forum? I mean it one of the top of the line aluminum lines in the country?!?!?
    I agree, best aluminum made!!

14. Member
    plus one on a LUND forum. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

15. Member
    I like the tin forum. Though I don’t post much, I have picked up some great info and tips in regards to sprucing up my Fisher aluminum.