2014 Yamaha 225 SHO lost holeshot / lower end power

I have a 2005 Triton Tr-20X with a 2014 225 Yamaha SHO. I am having an issue with holeshot I have a 10" Atlas hydraulic and two 10fttalons. I used to have whip cracking hole shot. Now I have to run my plate all the way up and it barely comes out of the hole with 2 people and full livewells. Even worse when I am full of fuel. The engine seems to stall out at 3000-3100 RPM then it will finally rev up and come out of the hole. Sometimes I have to try 2-3 times to get the boat up on plane. If I run my jackplate all the way down or anything under 1/2 up the boat will not plane out at all. I just had the boat at the dealer and they changed the low pressure fuel pump under warranty and it's still doing the same thing. Top end is fine 72+. I am going to call them again Monday but I am wondering if my fuel lines are collapsing on holeshot? They are the original 2005 lines.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Have you had the same prop the entire time? What shape is it in and what plugs are in it?

Have you added a couple hundred extra pounds to the rear lately?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    Make sure the alignment notches on throttle under the cowling are lining up when full throttle.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

4. Member
    Prop is in great shape, it was balanced and blue printed by Mark several years ago. I have been running this prop for a long time. Plugs were changed recently. No changes in weight in the rear.