Trouble with 1222 Touch with Livescope

I installed and went to lake so excited only to come home beyond frustrated . I see no sonar on my unit and the Livescope does not boot up. I did the update on the lake too. Any suggestions. There is no sonar options menu There is power to he unit as well

2. Member
    We have to know more than you told us.
    -You never mention GLS10.
    -The blinking of the lights on the GLS10 is diagnostic.
    Look at the installation manual for the GLS10 for all the codes.
    That's a start.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    No lights on GLS and I confirmed power to unit...my unit does not have the sonar that is in the picture on the home screen to the right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scubaman; 10-06-2019 at 10:34 AM.

4. Member
    If this is what your screen looks like, you are on the wrong screen to see sonar options. You are on SmartMode and that is something to talk about much later.
    You would need to touch SONAR, three choices below the one that is selected to see the sonar options.
    What transducers do you have connected, other than the GLS10/LVS32? You've identified two completely different issues-regular sonar and LVS32.
    When you say confirmed power to the unit, you do mean power to the GLS10 unit in addition to the 1222-right?
    How did you run the power? Direct to battery, through a switch, through panel for the boat?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    My unit only list Favorites, Smartmode, Combos, Chart, AV/Gauges.....there is no selection for Sonar. I was using the above pictures for reference only. Is it possible I received a unit that is not capable of sonar. The GLS10 and 1222 direct wired to it own battery.

thanks

6. Member
    Your unit will not show the sonar icon until it detects a transducer plugged in. Once you get your gls10 issue resolved and the 1222 detects it, the sonar icon will appear on your screen.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    Is it possible I received a unit that is not capable of sonar.
    Yes, in reference to 2d, SideVu and ClearVu. That is the 1222. The 1222xsv is sonar capable and has a 12 pin transducer connector on the back. That's why I asked what transducers you have connected. The 1222 without the xsv designation does not have a transducer port.

It is still compatible with LiveScope. The GLS10 provides the functionality and like BigBry said, once you get the GLS10 operating you'll get the icon. The network cable from the 1222 to the GLS10 provides the signal for the GLS10 to turn on. If you have no lights on the GLS10 either your network cable is not making good connection or your power to the GLS10 is suspect.

8. Member
    There is no transducer port on unit..I bought it solely for the Livescope. I am suspecting the network cable ....because the power source is good....now my challenge is the replacement cable available with a fast turn around. I need this by Tuesday. ..thanks for your help