Problem with line wrapping up for n Colorado blade?

Problem with line wrapping around Colorado blade. Damm auto correct

I was fishing last night using a slone agravator short arm and my line kept twisting around the blade and arm anyone know why this was happening. I was using 15lb mono
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

2. Member
    Sometimes when you cast a spinnerbait it will catch the wind and tumble causing the line to wrap around the baits arm, a short arm spinnerbait like a agravator wraps even easier. Try a little drag on the line with your thumb as you cast, not enough to cause it to slow down to much, but enough to keep the bait from tumbling.

3. Member
    Could it be helicoptering on the fall and tangling up then?

Just another idea, any extra memory in your line could be the culprit also.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Could it be helicoptering on the fall and tangling up then?
    This might be it considering I was letting it fall to the bottom and slow rolling it back.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

6. Member
    cut a small piece of rubber tubing and put it on the line in front of your spinnerbait and have the line running trough it and on top of your linetie. , works for me. I use them at night a lot and that has fixed that issue. We even make some 1 inch ones with aluminum, but we powder paint them so the aluminum wont cut our line. They will both fix your issue though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    cut a small piece of rubber tubing and put it on the line in front of your spinnerbait and have the line running trough it and on top of your linetie. , works for me. I use them at night a lot and that has fixed that issue. We even make some 1 inch ones with aluminum, but we powder paint them so the aluminum wont cut our line. They will both fix your issue though.
    Thanks I will definitely give it a shot.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

8. Member
    the comment above about "memory" in your line....I would think the 15lb mono was stiff enough but maybe not. I throw most all moving baits on Flouro for the "memory or stiffness" to the line so it doesn't get caught up in the hooks/blades. But I agree on those gusty days the cast and bait catching tons of wind (helicoptering) does happen occasionally.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    the comment above about "memory" in your line....I would think the 15lb mono was stiff enough but maybe not. I throw most all moving baits on Flouro for the "memory or stiffness" to the line so it doesn't get caught up in the hooks/blades. But I agree on those gusty days the cast and bait catching tons of wind (helicoptering) does happen occasionally.
    There was no wind that night.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    There was no wind that night.
    When casting my LARGE topwater baits....I have found when I over exaggerate the motion of my cast (which is a roll cast) it brings the bait in line with the direction of the cast and the "helicoptering" goes away. works for me. Something to try.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.