Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I have a wet sounds stealth 6 under the passenger console. It bumps!!

2. Member
    I just bought one to put in my boat. The stereo will go into the gauage cluster in one I don't use. I am trying to decide where to put the speakers. I am thinking about the passenger side being by the handle and the drivers side being up under the console in front of the hotfoot. How hard is it to install speakers and run the wires? I have never done anything like this in a boat this expensive. How hard is it to run the wires from the speakers to the unit itself? What is best gauage wire to use for the speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex MSI I-pilot link
    Humminbird 9 Mega SI at Console and Bow

You might have a few unused positive and negative leads under your dash. My speakers are on each side of the rod boxes closest to the console. I had no choice were they went as they had been previously installed. My head unit is mounted in the day box. Easy run to the speakers. I re ran heavy gauge speaker wire as I had it available. Pretty easy job.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Put the same setup in this boat as my last.

Boss radio, marine amp, and Polk speakers. Sounds good. Pulled my non working spedo out on this boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    No music for me. I like to hear natural sounds while fishing. I crank the tunes to and from the lake in the truck!

6. Banned
    What we did in mine. All controlled by the wired remote or the solix 15

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 10-29-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Plus one the sounds of nature!

I have owned several boat and couple with stereos but I can count on one hand the number of times at actually listed to tunes on the water. The cost and maintenance of such an option is not worth it to me, especially when compared to ear buds and or a kicker bullfrog.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

8. Member
    my radio on my console:
    boat radio.jpg

My Speaker:
    boat speaker.jpg

Still have an issue with the speaker on driver side. Afraid of the wires behind the fiberglass. Would like to put it there but may end up putting it under the driver console in front of the hotfoot. Just wondering how it will sound coming out of there. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS

How do you run wires from the head unit to the speaker on the passenger side?

Quote Originally Posted by KBusbee View Post
    my radio on my console:
    boat radio.jpg

My Speaker:
    boat speaker.jpg

Still have an issue with the speaker on driver side. Afraid of the wires behind the fiberglass. Would like to put it there but may end up putting it under the driver console in front of the hotfoot. Just wondering how it will sound coming out of there. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

10. Member
    It was run up the space between the Forward/Reverse and outside of boat. Ran it through the space in the back of the boat between the livewell and the seats. Then within the fiberglass out the speaker hole on the passenger side. The hardest part was getting the speaker wire from head unit to the gear selector. Had to tie it to a tape measure and run it up through there until we could grab it then it was pretty wide open moving it around. Had to take the screws off of the gear selector so we could get behind it and grab the wire. The hardest part to me was cutting the hole in the Fiberglass for the speaker. I used a carbide tip hole saw to create the speaker opening. Ran it in reverse and it did a great job.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234