Adding a second smaller graph to the consol

Hi folks,
    Currently I have an HDS12 at the console and HDS12 at the bow on my 19PHX.
    I'd like to add a second graph to the console (primarily for maps) but I cant another 12... I'd probably go with a 9.

What is the best way to mount an HDS12 and HDS9 on the console? I figured using those dual mounts by BBT or so might look funny because they're not the same size...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    steph

2. Member
    People mount 12s and 9s together up front all the time. I've seen pictures on bbt's site of that setup I believe.
    My boat came with the graph mounted to the flush mount plate on the factory gimbal mount. I added a second graph by getting one of those brackets that mounts to the front deck and spans the tm recess. It was alot cheaper than a bbt or precision mount. You could look in to that depending on how your 12 is mounted

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    On my 619 i put a ram mount arm on the side for my HDS 10 for maps when i need it, with a Garmin 12" on dash....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 10-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    People mount 12s and 9s together up front all the time. I've seen pictures on bbt's site of that setup I believe.
    My boat came with the graph mounted to the flush mount plate on the factory gimbal mount. I added a second graph by getting one of those brackets that mounts to the front deck and spans the tm recess. It was alot cheaper than a bbt or precision mount. You could look in to that depending on how your 12 is mounted
    Thanks for your input.
    For now I'd like to mount a second graph on the console and stay with one graph up front. My HDS12 is also flush mounted into the console and I'm still on the fence if the steering wheel is in the way or not... but I'm not sure about how to mount an HDS9 next to the HDS12... also, aren't the phoenix gauges int he way if I go with one of the BBT mounts? watching RPM, temp, water pressure and batt voltage is pretty important to me.

any other ideas?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    On my 619 i put a ram mount arm on the side for my HDS 10 for maps when i need it....
    fishing_couillon, Ram mount or KVD Kong mount or the Ballzout sounds appealing to me as well. Sounds like you don't always use the second graph? why?
    I'm pretty sure I'll want it there all the time.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    This is the one i have in link below.....some lakes i fish dont have mapping so i ues the homemade aerial maps....if i dont need any mapping i dont use it.... not home right now but i can get a pic tomorrow if needed...

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-109H

7. Member

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'll say that with the heavier unit it does tend to bounce/vibrate, so i put a piece of felt material on the gunnel and so i could rest the arm there and stop the vibration.....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 10-06-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: fixed pics and re-worded post

9. Member
    I have a Helix 10 on a swing arm like fishin couillon has, works great. The dash has a BBT mount with another Helix 10, I have had a BBT mount on my 721 for almost 7 years, never a problem. Rock solid.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phnx Ed View Post
    I have a Helix 10 on a swing arm like fishin couillon has, works great. The dash has a BBT mount with another Helix 10, I have had a BBT mount on my 721 for almost 7 years, never a problem. Rock solid.
    fishin_couillon, your installs are always extra clean. Very nice and thank you very much for the photos.

Phnx_Ed, I like the side arm thing as well but, in your case, why not install both Helix 10s on a BBT dual dash mount? I guess this question could go be for both of you. Why not decide to have them on the same BBT dual dash mount? is it the gauges?

11. Member
    You could order the dual mount dash from Pheonix I went that way with 2 9s on it but there is room for a 12 and a 9. Dash was 350 but love the setup.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

12. Member
    I didn't know they offer that. Thanks for the suggestion.

So how do you chose between mounting both graphs on one dash mount or one on the dash and one off to the side? My single dash unit is currently flush mounted and I'm starting to feel strongly about having it up and closer to me. what are the factors that make these decisions go one way or the other?

13. Member
    I couldn't stand the glare with the flush mount. With the dual dash you can adjust them and they are a bit closer without the steering wheel blocking

14. Member
    OK, you sold me on the dash mount. I also hate the glare. BBT or the Phoenix mount... not sure. sounds like the price isn't too different.

Now, is it best to get a dual dash mount or a single dash mount and use a RAM mount like above? Does the dual dash mount get in the way of the Gauges?
    seems like no matter I have to spend the cash for a dash mount :'(
    thanks

15. Member
    The dual dash has the guages moved down bellow the mounting location great set up. Did have to do some trimming and drill a few new holes but all came out great. Not sure how to post photos on here.

16. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by steph281086 View Post
    Hi folks,
    Currently I have an HDS12 at the console and HDS12 at the bow on my 19PHX.
    I'd like to add a second graph to the console (primarily for maps) but I cant another 12... I'd probably go with a 9.

What is the best way to mount an HDS12 and HDS9 on the console? I figured using those dual mounts by BBT or so might look funny because they're not the same size...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    steph
    Steph, Precision Sonar makes a mount that you can mount both units on your console of your phoenix. That would keep you from drilling and extra holes on the side of your boat. Give Ryan at Precision Sonar a call at 2707036133 and he can tell you about the options available for your boat!

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133