Lynx review after one year and 100 hours

I've run my SHO powered Lynx now for 12 months and put 100 hours on it on Montana's roughest lake. I'm more impressed with the way it eats up big water everytime I'm out in it. I've had no motor issues other than the Yamaha lower unit uses a little gear lube, it forces it out, but doesn't let water in. I check it and add a little every 6 or 7 days of hard runs. I'm running 100 mile round trips each time I launch and ran that 22 times since July. The big front deck and Ultrex has maximized my ability to stay on fish when the lake is rolling. If you are considering the Lynx and fish big reservoirs I would recommend it over anything, the ride is great, the boat is built to take a beating, and there's not much that can keep up with you whether it's rough or calm. Here's some pictures from the last 3 days, our 2 biggest went 6 pounds and our best 5 yesterday went over 28 pounds. The Lynx is the boat to run up here. Like most guys I'm running a 24 Fury worked by Ronnie Gilbert.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Great write up and those are some beautiful fish! You fish Fort Peck or Flathead?? Awesome boat by the way

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    I've run my SHO powered Lynx now for 12 months and put 100 hours on it on Montana's roughest lake. I'm more impressed with the way it eats up big water everytime I'm out in it. I've had no motor issues other than the Yamaha lower unit uses a little gear lube, it forces it out, but doesn't let water in. I check it and add a little every 6 or 7 days of hard runs. I'm running 100 mile round trips each time I launch and ran that 22 times since July. The big front deck and Ultrex has maximized my ability to stay on fish when the lake is rolling. If you are considering the Lynx and fish big reservoirs I would recommend it over anything, the ride is great, the boat is built to take a beating, and there's not much that can keep up with you whether it's rough or calm. Here's some pictures from the last 3 days, our 2 biggest went 6 pounds and our best 5 yesterday went over 28 pounds. The Lynx is the boat to run up here. Like most guys I'm running a 24 Fury worked by Ronnie Gilbert.
    I would STOP adding fluid. If it is forcing it out, it is pushing out on one or more of the seals. Particularly as the L/U warms up on a fast run. This will erode the seals and lead to failure. Some Merc lower units have this problem, the expansion room at the top is not big enough. They say to fill normally, then let 1-2 oz drain out before plugging fill hole. To avoid this very problem. If you are sure you are not getting any water intrusion, then don't add fluid to avoid problems. One good way to set the fluid level is to go on a 15 minute hard run (WOT) then get boat on trailer, remove the vent plug with the cavitation plate exactly level, and let it dribble oil out until it stops.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    Great pictures! I've got about the same amount of hours on my Lynx. I love the boat.... in all conditions! The Ronnie Gilbert worked prop is highly recommended. My 24 Fury 3 flat out hauls ass. I'm sending Ronnie my Fury 4 also! If anyone has questions about how to set up the boat and run it properly feel free to reach out. I've got her dialed in!!

Rick, what speeds are you seeing with the Lynx. I crawled all over one a month or two ago. Sweet!! I tend to like a wide boat over the speedy Eyra and such. I could see replacing the Ranger with a Lynx. Dang nice fish Mike. I got to go north some day and give those big girls a try.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

6. Member
    It depends on the load obviously but 74--76 mph sounds about right. That's with a Ronnie Gilbert Fury 3 prop.

you have a 45" ultrex? how about this weather
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I've got a 45, I would rather have the 52 for where I've been fishing. Considering the Ghost, hoping its lighter than the Ultrex, but won't switch if its not.