IBSDirector

Garmin 93sv side view issues

just installed a used 93sv on the boat, and all in all has been quit a learning experience with this garmin unit. between water leaking into the transducer connections and not recognizing what transducer it's hooked to and being a second owner not being able to get it registered to try and use active caption. It's been somewhat a nightmare, but the unit its self has some good features and did work just ok. But now after a few outings i have an side view issue' on the left side of the screen the brightness is like the sun is shinning and on the right side its at the setting that i have set it at. Any one out there have that issue? I have tried to correct each side separately and tried together and to no avail. I'm defiantly missing something here.

2. Member
    Did you try to reset the unit to factory settings?

You update it?
    Is it a chirp model?
    Screen shot?
    Transducer installation pic?
    And as said, def restore defaults

4. IBSDirector
    one thing that i haven't done is resetting back to factory settings, ill give that a try next time i get home. its a 93sv plus, no screen shots yet, no transducer install pic till i get back home on friday. but i can say it worked great for several tournaments then the problem started out of know where.thanks for the help guys! i'll be back!

5. Member
    I have seen this but it was on a GPSMAP unit. I was using manual settings for contrast and brightness and rarely the left and right would be different. That was sometime back and as far as I can tell was corrected as I haven't seen this in a long time. Make sure you are using the latest software.

Is it always the left side that is brighter or is the left side closer to the bank and the right side pointing to open water? On lakes like mine the optimal setting for one side is never the optimal setting for the other side as one will be shallow and the other quiet deep. So it's either optimize one and sacrifice the other or go for a mediocre setting for both.

If it's always the left side brighter, regardless of which side is deeper water, you need to document it with screenshots and send it in to garmin support so they can get it fixed.
    product.support@garmin.com
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. IBSDirector
    Ok, did make it back to boat this weekend but didn't make it to the water. but I did turn on the unit and all was good, no left side brightness. And it did have brightness on the ramp when I left the lake when the issue came up. Don't know if it will make a difference in the water or not. but this coming weekend will be on the water for a Tournament and will see then I guess. Thanks a bunch for the help guys!