Jack plate at max lift

When they installed my jack plate, I think they could have picked the next hole up. Currently I believe my boat is running close to optimum but my jack plate is maxed out the highest it will go, is there any danger in this? I would much rather have it other than maximum height, especially knowing that another inch might have gave me a little bit more performance. I could probably get a few more rpm’s, maybe a bit more speed I don’t know, but at this point I’m more concerned if there’s an issue with a jack plate being maxed out. I like to shop that did it, normally they do a good job.

2. Member
    Better move the motor. Optimum running height shouldn't be anywhere near the full height position.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I agree! I would want my best performance at less than half way up so you have room to actually raise the motor for shallow water purposes.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Yep move it up. At least its easy and no silicone to deal with to adjust it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

My SHO is the same way on my Atlas. Maximum height I'm only 1 1/2" below pad. Four motor mounting holes, mine is in the 2nd from the top. Don't know if this is common for the Atlas or Triton. Never had a boat or plate like this.