Cradle #4 just died

My 4th Echomap plus 93sv cradle died. I can't believe how unreliable these cradles are. I remove the screens when I'm done fishing, put the rubber cover over the connector and cover the boat. I used dialectic grease on all connections. This cradle was in the rain probably 4 times. One was an absolute downpour. I guess I'm try to run a bead of silicone around any seam, screw, connection pass-through etc when I get my next warranty replacement in.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

Every thought about just leaving them hooked up rather than take them out of the cradle every trip. I have the 93SV chirp models and have not had a single issue. Out of the thousands of these units sold I’m looking to find out why a small percentage of owners have issues. Sounds like your doing everything the right way but still having problems.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    My only other option would be to unhook all the connections and remove the entire gimbal. I leave the boat covered in the driveway. It wouldn't be wise to leave the units in the boat
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have a 73CV and my cradle went bad after 11 months! I had fished in downpours many times as well. When I got the new cradle I put dielectric grease all over it, snapped it together and now I leave it together and unscrew my RAM mount and bring the whole thing in with me. I don’t like doing it this way At All but the guy I spoke with at Garmin said the cradles haven’t been redesigned yet so it could happen again.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    I think salty water or salty rain makes a difference!