Temp reading erratic

This is nothing I can’t live with, but if it’s fixable I would like to do it. Sometimes my surface temperature reading goes crazy. I mean it will read 275°, and it jumps up and down in numerical order maybe 10 degrees up and down constantly changing. And then all the sudden it will just read accurately. It is a Gen2 Helix 7 SI non-network model with a y cable utilizing a few the hull transducer, The through the hull transducer does not have a temperature probe. Any ideas? Happens pretty regularly at least every time I take it out.

2. Member
    Are you sure its not your "bearing" degrees? Have you noticed it only doing it when you are on the map screen? The map screen does not show the water temp... it will switch to your bearing degrees.

north represents zero degree, east is 90 degrees, south is 180 degrees and west is 270 degrees.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    Are you sure its not your "bearing" degrees? Have you noticed it only doing it when you are on the map screen? The map screen does not show the water temp... it will switch to your bearing degrees.

north represents zero degree, east is 90 degrees, south is 180 degrees and west is 270 degrees.
    I bet you are right, because the other day I was actually on Maps when I noticed it and later on in the day after I had switched back to sonar it was working. Now I feel pretty foolish. I just about promise you you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I bet you are right, because the other day I was actually on Maps when I noticed it and later on in the day after I had switched back to sonar it was working. Now I feel pretty foolish. I just about promise you you are correct.
    Don't feel too bad about it .... a lot of people have thought the same thing.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    No... don't feel that way. It's actually kinda crazy to me that they switch it like that on the overlay and don't offer water temp on the map screen. Easy to confuse.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI