Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Thumbs Up Rocker Switch Pros

Many of you know I'm building a cockpit switch panel to replace the MegaLink panel in my 210. I looked at the vendors I have listed in my reference info post that is pinned. When I was looking them over, Rocker Switch Pros was the only one that showed horizontal labeling. They have an interactive page where you can submit your text and/or symbols on the switch actuator. For my application, I wanted something a little closer to the factory actuators, but customized somewhat. So I sent an e-mail asking about customization and it was promptly answered. They can make the actuators any way you want them. Mine are going to be laser etched and back lit with white lights in the switch bodies. Below is the initial artwork for my switches. I've made a couple of changes and resubmitted and am awaiting my final proof and pricing. If their finished product is anything like their service, you can't go wrong with them!

Switches-b.jpg

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Attachment not working for me. Says "invalid attachment".???

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Hmmm, working for me. Let me try another device

Working for my on my phone, delete the thread and I'll re-post

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    No need...it is working now...as a thumbnail. Earlier, it showed as Attachment link. Odd, but all good now.

5. Member
    Looks good. Any particular reason you didn't put the recirc switches next to each other ?
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Very nice.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    They will be in the panel. I'm going to keep the orientation and position of the MegaLink pad. That's just a proof for the actuators/covers. I'll post a picture when I get it assembled and another when I get done with the conversion.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 10-04-2019 at 07:47 PM.

8. Banned
    Should look really nice!

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Should look really nice!
    Hope so ... by my calculation, it's gonna be about $260 for the 11 switches & actuators.

10. Banned
    Ouch. But the experience will be priceless...

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Ouch. But the experience will be priceless...
    That's just pocket watch pocket money for Reggie.

12. Member
    What else do you have to buy to complete this project? I’ve got an 07 200 and I’m afraid I’ll have to do this sooner or later

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    There is a breaker panel, a main harness and a bow panel. Ranger parts has a few breaker & bow panels, but there are no more harnesses. I got the last one of those they had.

14. Member
    Oh that sucks...so there aren’t any other options?

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Not presently, unfortunately. There could be a solution in the works, but nothing for sure yet.

16. Banned
    Reg, how many years did they have the MegaLink system, all the way to 2013?

I know I’d be able to rewire one, but the back would be a sore mofo after this mess. I tell you what, I’ll save you some hassle, I’ll give you $10k for that 210, since it doesn’t currently work properly & all.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    As far as I know, 06-09. There's still a question whether the 2010s had MegaLink or switches. 2011 Stratos came with switches.

My baby has been sitting in storage since mid July while I decided what to do. Thought about building a breaker box to replace the controller in the rear of the boat. It would plug into the existing wiring and would require a harness from there to a switch panel at the console and one at the bow. I'm going to try and get my old harness out without destroying it so I can play with that idea.

I did get it out the Sunday they had the BBQ for Jerry Hunter (Elm Creek). WB, Barney & I wanted to look Ivie over before lunch, so I hard wired my 12" HDS up to the battery . Felt good to have her out on the water.

Contrary to Fred's beliefs, I'm on a fixed income now. Believe it was Skip that said, "you youngsters need to work hard so my SS checks will be good!" Anyway, this one needs to last me. As soon as the rest of my parts come in, I'll have her back in service within 2-3 days.

18. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I think there were only a few 2010s (They were caught in the middle of the 09 Genmar bankruptcy) ....They came out of the TN factory and had Megalink.

Switches were not reintroduced on our Champs until they were bought by PE and moved to Flippin....and were badged as Stratos Elites.
    Last edited by Lea; 10-05-2019 at 06:05 PM.

19. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I did a search and the first I see of the conversion is post #10 in this thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....tch+conversion on 5/9/2011.

20. Banned
    That stinks, not enough demand for an outside party to build a replacement then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast