Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I must be reading it wrong.. That post refers to a 2007 model. There was a conversion TO the Mega in 2006-2007 time frame. I was referring to the conversion BACK to the rockers in 2011. Or am I completely off in left field?
    Last edited by Lea; 10-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The first mention of the conversion kit on BBC was in this post in 2011. So sometime prior to then, PE had decided that MegaLink wasn't going to be dependable in the long run and had developed the conversion kit. By the time this post came out, the Elites were Stratos and had the rocker switches from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by fishthenation View Post
    Good evening. What a day! Firstly, I want to say IT IS FIXED! THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!

How did I fix it? I actually took all of your suggestions...there was one from DVBASS which I was curious about, it seemed too simple! I took the batteries out, looked at all the pumps, and one-by-one unplugged the 6 of them. And BINGO! I found it.

I had a neighbor electrician come over and tried to figure out "WHY" the Power Switch was tripped and was blinking and "not" the bilge Switch. Bottom line, the Bilge connection was all rusted out. I cleaned it up, placed some contact grease on it, and all is good. If I manually stopped the pump from moving, the pump switch does trip! The issue is the CONNECTION itself! I assume if there is a rusty connection in the system, the POWER will tripp!

Also. I called Ranger/Stratos Customer Service Scott Riggs and Jason Bragg, they believe it sounds like a bad Megalink unit. Ranger Parts told me the Megalink is NO LONGER AVAILABLE and the only fix is a new CONVERSION KIT #CHMPCONV at $1,284. This is a conversion kit from digital to a full "toggle" system, including panels. They have a step-by-step in converting the MegaLink to this new system. If anyone needs this step by step, please IM ME!!!

I did also call UNIFORCE ELECTRONICS whom was the manufacturer of Megalink. I left messages for 2 different guys, but haven't heard back.

IN THE END, I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU! Especially Gunnar, Lea and DVBass! You all saved me about $3,000 with installation!

Tom C..

2007 Champion Elite 200
    225 Mercury ProXS
    Streamwood, IL

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I just emphasized the time frames of TO the conversion to mega, and BACK to rockers.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    You are right, the 210 and 200 came out with MegaLink. That was 06 for the 210 & 07 for 200. So, sometime between then and the 2011 Stratos (mid 2010?). They had gone back to rockers and offered a conversion kit for the MegaLink owners.

5. Member
    I wonder how many people would have to commit to purchase before they would build them?

6. Member
    So at this point, if your megalink goes out there is no solution? Just trying to figure this out before mine goes out in my 210.

7. Member
    TX CHAMP Wow you found a harness? Can you look at it and have someone make replicas of it? I knew you were looking for someone that had one. but that is awesome you got one!!

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger rage View Post
    I wonder how many people would have to commit to purchase before they would build them?
    I think that is the big question. Most of these manufacturers have minimum quantities for items kike that.

9. Member
    I am going to start my conversion in a week or so. We plan on running rocker switches and hard wiring directly to all pumps and lighting. I will post pic and update as I go along. There really doesn't seem to be a lot involved in it. I think it is going to be more time consuming than anything.

10. Member
    I’ve had my 07-200 for almost 9 years and this is the only reason I think about selling it. I haven’t had any issues yet or reason to think it’s going bad but just the thought of not having a solution if something were to go wrong sucks.

11. Member
    I have a 2007 200 Elite. I had my boat rewired this past January, new harness & rocker switches installed. My main power button would stay on, would not go off. All other functions worked. Pumps, lights, horn, aerators, everything. My dealer ordered the system in early fall of 2018, it showed up January of this year. It was expensive. So, I have all 3 items that are left over. The bow panel functions just like new. The console panel main power button will NOT go off, I installed a main breaker, that takes care of that. Boats should have one anyway. The Mega Link functions as it should. So, I'm willing to sell all 3 items, in one package, if anyone is interested, PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12