YamaMerc thrust/prop washer

Ser# 0T908749

2004 Mercury 225 four stroke on a HEAVY Mako 201 deep vee. Current prop is a 17p Mirage with pressed in hub and is slow to plane. I bought a used four blade 13.75 X 17 with a pressed in hub but I can’t find the right combination of thrust and prop washers. It seems like it’s too far on the prop shaft and blows out/will not plane at all. Any suggestions as to which kit or washer will make this prop fit?
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

2. Member
    Pics of the new prop
    [url=https://postimg.cc/gL2nVS5W][/url
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

You will likely need a YAMAHA thrust washer.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 10-10-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Error

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to include the Required information when posting. Thanks!

You will likely need a YAMAHA thrust washer.
    ive read the requirements and posted many times before. Please let me know what I done wrong.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Apologies- I do see your serial number listed.

Normally a Yamaha Thrust Washer will be required (that gearcase is actually a Yamaha Gearcase, actually the entire engine is, except for the paint and decals).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Apologies- I do see your serial number listed.

Normally a Yamaha Thrust Washer will be required (that gearcase is actually a Yamaha Gearcase, actually the entire engine is, except for the paint and decals).
    Thanks! I knew it was a black Yamaha I’m just not familiar with Yamaha accessories.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Honestly not sure what brand that 4-blade is, but it does have the earlier-design MERC Press-in Hub (with built-in castle washer).

The most common one (thrust washer) used was a Mercury Part# 8539481 (not sure what the Yamaha number was).