Thread: Can't win!

Can't win!

Got my helix 12 back that I sent in cause the screen was turning red. As soon as I plugged it in it turned completely red. Now about every other time I plug it in its red. Just doing it in the garage , haven't been on the water due to storms in Illinois. Going tomorrow finally, even though I know it's screwed. I'll call customer service Monday to start this crap all over again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    And this
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Wow, that would be frustrating for anyone. Makes you wonder how it got released from factory with same problem it was sent in for. Hope they take care of you this time...maybe send you a replacement unit.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Hope they take care of you this time...maybe send you a replacement unit.
    Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

5. Member
    Paperwork said they put a new circuit board in it

6. Member
    Sent it back again..... we'll see.

7. Member
    I have older graphs on my boat and am wanting to put new graphs on it but hear or so many horror stories from every brand. This stuff is super expensive and then to get it and not work is just crazy. I hope you get it worked out. Please keep us posted.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

8. Member
    Will definitely update with my results. Not nocking humminbird, things happen and I understand that, but to put parts in a defective unit and send it back hoping it works pisses me off. As soon as I plugged in the returned unit it turned solid red. They questioned my install, and my wiring. It was all done right and to top it off, I have the identical unit on the bow ran off the same power source. I have put the bow unit on my console mount and ran it for days and it is fine. I feel I have proven the problem is not on my end and should be given another unit instead of playing the guessing game with a $2500 graph!

9. Member
    Good luck, this kind of crap makes you think twice about investing that kind of money with a company that has such pitiful customer service. I have been looking at replacing my older birds but they all work so I'm reevaluating my options maybe go with another brand
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

10. Member
    Commanche20, you ain't kidding.....I bought 2 helix 12 SI's this spring that's 5k+ tax. Now my local shop is bringing in lowrance and garmin, so they'll have them all. I've only had humminbird for over 20 years......how I'm treated after a problem is crucial for keeping me as a customer.

11. Member
    Hope you get it worked out. I had issues with one of my 12's Humminbird got it taken care of. I had another brand back in 2013 on my used boat and it took forever to get a live person at customer service. Pulled that other brand off boat and sold them and got Humminbird...

12. Member
    It's hard to believe a unit isn't properly tested after a repair at their facility but sometimes mistakes do happen. It does matter how they handle it afterwards.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post
    Will definitely update with my results. Not nocking humminbird, things happen and I understand that, but to put parts in a defective unit and send it back hoping it works pisses me off. As soon as I plugged in the returned unit it turned solid red. They questioned my install, and my wiring. It was all done right and to top it off, I have the identical unit on the bow ran off the same power source. I have put the bow unit on my console mount and ran it for days and it is fine. I feel I have proven the problem is not on my end and should be given another unit instead of playing the guessing game with a $2500 graph!
    It is their job to question your install, so that maybe they can figure it out before you have to send it in. You have to go through thr check list to satisfy their troubleshooting chart. You put parts in a defective unit to fix it.
    With that being said, it definitely sounds like it was not thoroughly tested before being returned. That SUCKS! The Humminbird customer service is top notch compared to many companies I have dealt with. Most companies don't give you a repair rate and either fix your unit or get you one that does. They just say you will need to purchase a new one.

14. Banned
    Pop the back off and put a little sharpie dot on the boards. No, you won't void any warranty, that's illegal in the U.S. now. Reason I say this is so you know if the boards were replaced or not.

15. Member
    Humminbird stepped up! They sent me a new unit. Even though I feel this should have been done to start with, I'm very grateful they decided to replace the defective unit. So thumbs up to humminbird customer service ��

16. Member
    How did you convince them to replace with a new Unit , gone thru all the fix it problems on my end , second control board replaced I figure something else in unit is wrong to eat control boards

17. Member
    Hope you like the new unit Joe and glad to hear HB stepped up.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

18. Banned