Question about a leaky intake on a 2015 920 used boat purchase

Looking into buying a 2015 920 and the seller says it has a leaky intake. I cant go look at it as its 14 hours away. He suggested I ask on here as he says it is common issue with Phoenix boats.

His statement is "the intake is where water comes into the boat or goes out of the boat from a bilge pump or livewell, they are plastic fittings and one of them is cracked or it could just be a bad hose, if you look on the Phoenix boards their are guys that replace them all of the time"

Thoughts? Ive asked him to make the repair but he wants to raise the price if so and being the boat is currently at the top of my budget Im asking since if it is a small inexpensive fix I can do myself then it still keeps this boat in my range. If not Ill move on, so asking for honest opinions or even better, past experiences with this issue.

Thanks guys
    Danny

2. Tico
    Seller should fix all problems before selling and especially small items or discount the boat.
    Positive for the seller disclosing this minor item.
    Seller is probably too lazy to fix it or is incapable and would have to pay someone to do it plus the hassle of getting it repaired/replaced.

You all are probably haggling over a $20 (DIY) - $200 (repair shop) fix on a $40,000 boat
    Last edited by Tico; 10-04-2019 at 06:35 PM.

3. Member
    I agree seller should fix, he wont as he doesnt want to spend the money, he has it priced accordingly I think, I just wanted to be sure I wasnt getting into a really expensive repair.

So is this a 200 dollar repair?

Is this common with Phoenix boats and will it happen again on this model? Thanks guys
    Danny

4. Member
    Had it happen on 2011 721 a few years back. Plastic fittings, anything can happen especially if you are in the snow belt.

5. Member
    Decided to move on from this boat. Too far away to have unknowns. Found another one much closer too that I plan on looking into on Sunday.