Thread: Worked prop

Worked prop

My friend has a prop that was sposta have been worked. We cant tell by any visable edge or cup scuffs scrapes or any other signs of "working". I did find on the inside of the barrel where someone eched 41283-5. Would that be someone been worked signature?

2. mikesxpress
    "Worked" can mean neumourus things from repaired to customized for a particular application. The prop butchers sometimes etch/stamp there own rework code inside the hub but it doesn't tell the end user much unless you have the info on the shop that did the work.

If a good job was done in reworking it, very few people would be able to know it was done. When a prop has been reworked to perform better on a specific boat it very well may perform worse than a stock prop when installed on a different boat
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn8165 View Post
    My friend has a prop that was sposta have been worked. We cant tell by any visable edge or cup scuffs scrapes or any other signs of "working". I did find on the inside of the barrel where someone eched 41283-5. Would that be someone been worked signature?
    Is your friend having performance issues using this prop in current set up??
    Best thing to do when you have NO IDEA of work done, get all your boat set up specs, like WOT RPMs, P to P, JP size and type, make of boat and motor including serial number, put all that in a box and ship it to Mark Croxton for balance and blueprint based actual information. You will be shocked on the performance improvement it made on both my Tempest Plus and Small hub Trophy Plus.