Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I hate brushpile tournaments. It significantly favors the local and/or retired guys. Even average anglers with milk runs of 50+ brush piles are nearly impossible to beat in a tough summer bite. I would bet this is one of the motivations for establishing the MLF format. Elite anglers can't spend weeks setting piles, then days of practice so thus they lose to less skilled locals.

2. Member
    I haven't fished Grand in about 6 or 7 years, but used to fish it a couple times a year starting in 1987 and there were guys planting brush piles back then. I usually saw them cutting young trees off of the islands in the mouth of horse creek and using a big jon boat to place them within a reasonable distance -- many of them went somewhere in the horse creek arm. I bet the same thing was going on in other areas of the lake --- anywhere with some relatively undeveloped shoreline where some landowner wasn't there to object to having trees removed. I saw a lot of trees being cut off of Snake Island, but then someone built a private cabin on the island, so I doubt if they let people cut trees there anymore.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    Do you guys not remember the classic Evers won? He said he dropped lots of brush but where he dropped it was too dingy and maybe even too deep for the classic. Yeah, it was dropped earlier than that week, but it's the same concept. Also there was an article a couple years ago, I think it was about the Flw cup, where the angler mentioned dropping like 140+ piles and then spending a month finding how to hit every limb and at what depth. This isnt even close to new.
    I think the guy in FLW was Jacob Wheeler and he also dedicated every spare minute he had that year to fishing Lanier. He won.
    and I don’t think anyone can say he isn’t one of the best in the country now.
    He didn’t live at the lake either.

Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    I think the guy in FLW was Jacob Wheeler and he also dedicated every spare minute he had that year to fishing Lanier. He won.
    and I don’t think anyone can say he isn’t one of the best in the country now.
    He didn’t live at the lake either.

Kevin Hawk

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    all these cheating stories....are they happening at larger derbies with big money? or are guys going through all this effort for a $1-2k local derby check?
    I'd say a 30k payout isn't a small derby but regardless cheating is cheating. $100 or 100k
    21xdc bullet
    250 pro xs
    28 Croxton bravo
    ultrex
    humminbirds

6. Banned
    This is why the MLF cup deal where they go to a mystery lake is the future, there have whispers about some Elite series wins this year being seeded fish.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    This is why the MLF cup deal where they go to a mystery lake is the future, there have whispers about some Elite series wins this year being seeded fish.
    Sounds more like crybabies to me. The mlf cup deal is falling flat on its face if you haven’t noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Sounds more like crybabies to me. The mlf cup deal is falling flat on its face if you haven’t noticed.
    Not for long, once this fish-seeding scandal hits the news cycle.

9. robdy72
    Nothing wrong with doing it, every angler can put brush piles out. Some are mad because they got out worked plain and simple.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    II would bet this is one of the motivations for establishing the MLF format. Elite anglers can't spend weeks setting piles, then days of practice so thus they lose to less skilled locals.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Not for long, once this fish-seeding scandal hits the news cycle.
    Reckon mlf still wants to tarnish themselves by buying out measly fish seeding FLW? boid has a lot of sailing to do before he convinces bosses. I figure M&K is talking on side about FLW, and the potential. I think some will be surprised

12. Banned
    I can say for certainty, from an insider yesterday, Things are about to clear up. Brush piles and rumors will be less effective

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    I haven't noticed. Seems to be doing just fine

14. Banned

Why do you always act like you’re in the know of everything, it’s obvious that you don’t know crap. It’s one thing to speculate, but you always post this stuff like you actually know somebody in the world, we know that’s not even close to the case. Not a single thing you have ever said has come true.

Just your whispers...

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Interesting. You have any pictures of such a thing? Drove over many a spot that I first seen the fish on sidescan and them found them looking down with 2d and downscan.
    PVC or thin gauge plastic pipe. Sonar is picking up the air trapped in the pipe. If you purge the air out is doesn't show up on sonar. As D.O.C 989 said if it gets lots of algae build up over time they will start showing up some then.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Just your whispers...
    Sometimes you just got to listen to those voices in your head, even if they are only whispers.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

911 Alert, 911 Alert

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robdy72 View Post
    Nothing wrong with doing it, every angler can put brush piles out. Some are mad because they got out worked plain and simple.
    My thoughts exactly.

20. Banned
    The guy didn't go out the night before the tournament and plant the brush piles, he did it days or weeks before the start of the tournament. Thus every competitor had a chance to find those brush piles. I'd be willing to say some of those guys spent at least part of each practice day scanning for brush piles... Dan

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast