Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I thought that both transducers plug into the 3d module and then you had 1 cord going from the module to the back of the unit? I think that's how my 9 was set up and I had 3d + 2d available on the same unit without issues. I put one transducer on the right and one to the left side of the motor at the same height personally.

2. Member
    No the 3D transducer has a cord going to the module from the transducer that splits into Transducer 1 and Transducer 2 and that's what plugs into the module. From there I have a wire going to the head using one of e 3 ethernet connectors. I have a feeling you are talking about the older structure scan module. Take another look make sure it's 3D you have. The module cannot do regular 2D. Only 3D, down, side2side
    Last edited by gica69; 10-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.

3. Member
    I mounted the 3/4 plate and marked 2 x's and a circle for the spots, left x is where the 3D transducer was mounted before but I didn't test it.
    Looking back I think I rushed into it without consideration of the 3D line of site. But the plate is on strong and that's that.
    For the HDI wouldn't the curvature of the step hull(strike area) cause bubbles that would affect the reading accuracy? Where can I safely mount the HDI? I just measured and 15" from outer right edge of the propeller is passed the half of the plate before the strike or step. I think the HDI is better suited to go there to work at 25MPH or more.
    As far as the 3D I added a picture from an angle to show the I/O motor which I think interferes with the 3D's side scan if I were to mount it on the left side of the plate. In this video the Lowrance guy says if possible to mount it as low as possible or close to the keel(middle)
    I don't know if I can fit it behind the engine with or without a plate, maybe a bit to the side but I now think that's where it should go. I got to get another plate and epoxy. It sucks to do this for the first time with every step you realize you could have done it better.
    So help please and thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gica69; 10-17-2019 at 01:57 AM.

4. Member
    So I raised the back of the boat up so I can lower the engine and move it toward outward right and measure distances for the LONG 3D transducer. I must say I really am stuck now. I can install it close to the engine where it won't touch but will it read. First picture has the engine down and straight the rest have the engine to the right all the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Anybody?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12