Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Johns Lake Info??

I’ve been wanting to give Johns Lake a decent try since the couple times I’ve been there it looks like a place that should hold big fish but both times I went I caught a bunch of pickerel and 2 pounders.

Im not asking for specific spots or anything but that lake is high and pretty clear...it’s got me scratching my head!

Any help will be appreciated!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Banned
    In the Narrows w/a Rat-L-Trap™.. Then a worm up on/around the docks..

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I do have those tied on! We’ll see if they’re biting tomorrow morning. I really like this lake but it hasn’t produced any quality fish for me so I’m going to give it a few more chances!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Found one that wasn’t a dink! Had 3 close encounters with bigger fish that I didn’t capitalize on. This place has potential?

5. Member
    Some years back (3-5) Johns Lake was all the talk on Bass Forums. Not sure what happened to it, maybe all the pressure from all the talk of big fish being caught.

Got pretty low at one point too, if you didn't know the lake you could hit bottom not to far from the launch.

In any case looks like you found a nice one!

6. Banned
    Who is the guy holding it?

And it is the other Daiwa™/HUK™ shirt that the printing gets HOT HOT HOT.. Is that this year's offering?

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Oh, makes sense now. The lake looks like it can hold some big fish but if it got hit by the internet in the last 10 years the live bait trophy guys can wreck a place! It’s just a beautiful lake and there’s just too much really good cover in that lake. I had 2 “encounters” with bigger fish that I didn’t win, but I was glad to get a decent sized one.

Lew you know this shirt is from the Daiwa SV free shirt promo, Thanks to Tackle Trap I have lost 40 some pounds since my mom passed March/17...but that’s what made me get my Triton and get back to fishing, it’s what she wanted! I’m back at a good weight for me (165) which is 25 less than my walking around weight the last 5-6 years. My body feels better and hell I look better! No grey facial hair or nothing AND I’m smiling!

Hez gets mad that I don’t smile with my fish...I try to tell him in a stone cold killer but he’s a “happy” person and I am on his back deck so when in Rome...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Found one that wasn’t a dink! Had 3 close encounters with bigger fish that I didn’t capitalize on. This place has potential?

I need to get out one day! Just don't know when that will be.

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Terry, tell me you aren’t working too much to fish!?

10. Member
    Terry, tell me you aren’t working too much to fish!?
    The last time I have been out is when my motor died again and you replied about it. I don't even remember how many months ago that was. I cleaned the plugs even though they didn't look messed up, and it ran on the water hose. But I have not been out since. Have not fished much at all this year. Then started night working remodeling a local Publix, and have issues trying to sleep in the day. I will make it out one day I guess. I met this little woman that retired at 50 and is always doing stuff in the day, inviting me. Wants me to tube down rainbow river, or what ever it's called with her family. I keep telling her over and over I ain't on a day schedule. Women!
    Maybe I will get her out fishing with me one evening. Don't know. May end up to be another one.

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Nice fish!! Caught my first big Fl. bass outta John's lake, back in 04 or 05.. (7#) Place used to be dynamite! I heard construction around the lake had taken a toll? Haven't been back in 5+ years..

12. Member
    will be on lake in the morning.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

AND I’m smiling!

Hez gets mad that I don’t smile with my fish...I try to tell him in a stone cold killer but he’s a “happy” person and I am on his back deck so when in Rome...

A fish that nice deserves a smile!!! Nice fish Cass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    will be on lake in the morning.
    How did you do?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

When I went out last Sunday, I foul hooked a 13 lb blue cat...with a crankbait on 8 lb test!!! Talk about a fight. I chased that fish around on the trolling motor for a few minutes before I was able to land it.

And saw an awesome full rainbow.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

15. Member
    Looks like you had a great day, nice fish.

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    You left out the part where you called me DURING THE FIGHT cause you had a monster on!

You were rather excited Hez! Find some more spots tomorrow.

You left out the part where you called me DURING THE FIGHT cause you had a monster on!
    IT WAS A MONSTER!!!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Where did you fish that wasn't choked with hydrilla?
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]